Batch add borders

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
bfranklinrules

Batch add borders

Post by bfranklinrules »

Hello,I’m running a MacPro Quad Core with Snow Leopard and have GraphicConverter 8.8.3.Every so often, I have a batch of jpegs without borders to which I’d like to add borders of variable widths (typically, 50 or 100 pixels).  Color selected usually deep blue or blackUsing the “Add Border” function in the Edit Menu works for individual images but I want to automate the process so a whole folder containing 50-100 jpegs  can have borders added. I’m not sure which way to go: should I learn to do it with Automator or Applescript or is there a way to get this feature added to Services in GC itself?  
thorstenlemke

Re: Batch add borders

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,please view my short tutorial movie:http://www.lemkesoft.org/help/add_blue_ ... p4Thorsten Hello,I’m running a MacPro Quad Core with Snow Leopard and have GraphicConverter 8.8.3.Every so often, I have a batch of jpegs without borders to which I’d like to add borders of variable widths (typically, 50 or 100 pixels).  Color selected usually deep blue or blackUsing the “Add Border” function in the Edit Menu works for individual images but I want to automate the process so a whole folder containing 50-100 jpegs  can have borders added.
bfranklinrules

Post by bfranklinrules »

This worked.  Thank you. New problem.example:  If I reset image resolution from 100ppi to 150 ppi, the physical dimensions are reduced 50%If I reset image resolution from 100 ppi to 180 ppi, the physical dimensions are reduced 80%.  How to change image resolution without also changing physical dimensions of an image?    If I go to Menu:  Picture-Size-Scale and uncheck "Proportion" will that eliminate dimension change?   
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,do you change the resolution with or without resampling?Thorsten New problem.example:  If I reset image resolution from 100ppi to 150 ppi, the physical dimensions are reduced 50%If I reset image resolution from 100 ppi to 180 ppi, the physical dimensions are reduced 80%.  How to change image resolution without also changing physical dimensions of an image?    If I go to Menu:  Picture-Size-Scale and uncheck "Proportion" will that eliminate dimension change?   
Ray Lauff

Suggest last save folder

Post by Ray Lauff »

Hi All-I’m one of those gluttons for punishment who has upgraded to OS X 10.11.  Despite having the “Suggest last save folder” checked, ALMOST every time I go to save an image it reverts back to trying to save it in my ~/Pictures folder instead.  I say “almost” because it doesn’t appear to be consistent, and it sometimes chooses the correct last save folder, but most of the time it doesn’t.  Thankfully, the “Recently Used” in the dialog box makes it easy to select the right folder, but it is an extra, unpredictable, step, which has resulted in my documents sometimes going to the wrong place.  I don’t recall this happening at all under OS X 10.10.So, is this something to do with OS X (likely), or something in GC (i’m using 9.7.3)?Thanks,ray
thorstenlemke

Re: Suggest last save folder [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Ray,do you use the normal or the Mac App Store version?Thorsten Hi All-I’m one of those gluttons for punishment who has upgraded to OS X 10.11.  Despite having the “Suggest last save folder” checked, ALMOST every time I go to save an image it reverts back to trying to save it in my ~/Pictures folder instead.  I say “almost” because it doesn’t appear to be consistent, and it sometimes chooses the correct last save folder, but most of the time it doesn’t.  Thankfully, the “Recently Used” in the dialog box makes it easy to select the right folder, but it is an extra, unpredictable, step, which has resulted in my documents sometimes going to the wrong place.  I don’t recall this happening at all under OS X 10.10.So, is this something to do with OS X (likely), or something in GC (i’m using 9.7.3)?Thanks,ray
Ray Lauff

Re: Suggest last save folder

Post by Ray Lauff »

I have the normal download from the web site, not the App store.Thanks,ray On Oct 14, 2015, at 11:40, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Ray,do you use the normal or the Mac App Store version?ThorstenHi All-I’m one of those gluttons for punishment who has upgraded to OS X 10.11.  Despite having the “Suggest last save folder” checked, ALMOST every time I go to save an image it reverts back to trying to save it in my ~/Pictures folder instead.  I say “almost” because it doesn’t appear to be consistent, and it sometimes chooses the correct last save folder, but most of the time it doesn’t.  Thankfully, the “Recently Used” in the dialog box makes it easy to select the right folder, but it is an extra, unpredictable, step, which has resulted in my documents sometimes going to the wrong place.  I don’t recall this happening at all under OS X 10.10.So, is this something to do with OS X (likely), or something in GC (i’m using 9.7.3)?Thanks,ray
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Ray,I checked the source code.The path is set upon save as.Is there any error message in the console?Thorsten I have the normal download from the web site, not the App store.Thanks,ray
Ray Lauff

Post by Ray Lauff »

Attachments :Hi Thorsten-I see the following messages in the console that appear to be relevant: 10/17/15 12:24:12.003 PM GraphicConverter 9[9583]: [default] Failed to updated bookmark for item (null) [DA2010F1-EE96-4787-AC02-026BCBC06169] - URL:file:///Volumes/AudioLib/in%20progress/The%20London%20American%20Label%20Year%20By%20Year%201961%20(1961)/inlay.jpg with error Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file couldn’t be opened because it doesn’t exist.”10/17/15 12:24:12.003 PM GraphicConverter 9[9583]: -[SFLListItem synthesizeMissingPropertyValues] Failed to updated bookmark for item (null) [DA2010F1-EE96-4787-AC02-026BCBC06169] - URL:file:///Volumes/AudioLib/in%20progress/The%20London%20American%20Label%20Year%20By%20Year%201961%20(1961)/inlay.jpg with error Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file couldn’t be opened because it doesn’t exist.”and today I’m seeing10/18/15 10:32:54.825 AM GraphicConverter 9[9583]: -[SFLMutableListItem resolveWithResolutionFlags:error:] Failed to create bookmark with error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file couldn’t be opened because it doesn’t exist."10/18/15 10:36:01.503 AM GraphicConverter 9[9583]: [default] Failed to create bookmark with error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file couldn’t be opened because it doesn’t exist.”10/18/15 10:36:01.503 AM GraphicConverter 9[9583]: -[SFLMutableListItem resolveWithResolutionFlags:error:] Failed to create bookmark with error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file couldn’t be opened because it doesn’t exist."10/18/15 10:36:44.862 AM GraphicConverter 9[9583]: [default] Failed to create bookmark with error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file couldn’t be opened because it doesn’t exist.”Thanks,ray On Oct 14, 2015, at 3:41 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Ray,I checked the source code.The path is set upon save as.Is there any error message in the console?ThorstenI have the normal download from the web site, not the App store.Thanks,ray
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Ray,please download the latest BETA at:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta/gc9_build2080.dmgIs does now write the folder path to the console. So, please check if the save panel goes to that location.Thorsten Hi Thorsten-I see the following messages in the console that appear to be relevant: