backup when saving (corrupted images)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

Re: black graphic into coloured

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,ah - currently not possible.I add that to the todo list.Thorsten something else wanted to ask about same graphic - how to create shadow under every element, to make a 3d effect ?Thanks!!!
Zalman Lazkowicz

Re: adding shadow to graphic

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

hm…anybody knows any small program in app store that can add shadow to this type of graphic, to make a 3d effect ? On 23 Feb 2016, at 9:54 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi,ah - currently not possible.I add that to the todo list.Thorstensomething else wanted to ask about same graphic - how to create shadow under every element, to make a 3d effect ?Thanks!!!
thorstenlemke

Re: adding shadow to graphic

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,you can do it manually with GraphicConverter.Just add a new layer. Add the image to it. Move a bit to the bottom right and blur it.Thorsten hm…anybody knows any small program in app store that can add shadow to this type of graphic, to make a 3d effect ?On 23 Feb 2016, at 9:54 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi,ah - currently not possible.I add that to the todo list.Thorstensomething else wanted to ask about same graphic - how to create shadow under every element, to make a 3d effect ?Thanks!!!
Zalman Lazkowicz

template

I’m trying to create a template. I go to File, New Image, enter the size in pixels. Fine until now. Then I want to copy some JPG or PNG image and paste into the new document. Doesn’t work. Only a rectangle appears with name JPG or PNG. I also can’t drag an image from desktop into the new document. What is the right way to that please ? Thanks Zal
thorstenlemke

Re: template

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Zal,I depends a bit on what you want to do.You can use drag and drop for example.Thorsten
Zalman Lazkowicz

Re: template [1 Attachment]

Thanks Thorsten,I know I asked the same question almost a year ago. Anyway, I try to copy and paste a vector image in my Photos application, into the same new document, all Paste options are greyed out. When I drag this image to desktop and then do Copy and Paste, I get this:  On 16 Mar 2016, at 5:05 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Zal,I depends a bit on what you want to do.You can use drag and drop for example.Thorsten<drag_and_drop.mp4>I’m trying to create a template. I go to File, New Image, enter the size in pixels. Fine until now.Then I want to copy some JPG or PNG image and paste into the new document. Doesn’t work.Only a rectangle appears with name JPG or PNG.I also can’t drag an image from desktop into the new document.What is the right way to that please ?ThanksZal
thorstenlemke

Re: template [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,just drag the image onto GraphicConverter to open it. Now copy and paste or drag and drop.Thorsten Thanks Thorsten,I know I asked the same question almost a year ago. Anyway, I try to copy and paste a vector image in my Photos application, into the same new document, all Paste options are greyed out. When I drag this image to desktop and then do Copy and Paste, I get this: <Untitled.tiff>
Anne Judge

Re: black graphic into coloured

Post by Anne Judge »

The below is from an old thread that I noted when it first came through on the list, but read again now (as I prepare to ask a question on another topic) and decided that, yes, I did want to say something. Specifically, something like this would be great if it could be done!!! -- that is, an option to replace where the replacement color varies to the same degree and gives the same effect as the replaced color. Of course, I have no idea if "gives the same effect" could feasibly be programmed. Anne On Feb 23, 2016, at 12:23 PM, Robert Ameeti robert@ameeti.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > When I select a region (which might be a red shirt that someone is wearing), the ‘Tolerance’ feature of the Find and Replace Colors allows me to alter all of the shirt even though the entire shirt is not the identical ‘red’. When I choose to replace the 'red' with ‘blue’, the new shirt has the identical ‘blue’ throughout the area of the shirt rather than a blue that is similar to the ‘mottled’ red that was replaced. ie. The picture is changed from an area of red that is not identical (thus the use of the tolerance feature) with a blue that is identical. > > How could I have the replaced color have a similar ‘tolerance’ variation as the color that was replaced? > > Robert Ameeti