backup when saving (corrupted images)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
csterndk0862

Re: backup when saving (corrupted images)

Post by csterndk0862 »

Ok, try this:Download this sample image:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPEG#/med ... 100.jpgput it on the desktop (so you can see the thumbnail)Open the image in GC9 version 9.7.5 2098, and rotate or mirror the image.Select "Save and Next"There will be a warning regarding lossless jpg (the file is not JPEG-LS)Close GC9Look at the icon (it is now a generic JPG icon, not a thumbnail). Try to Quick-look open it or double click it.It will not open.  Do you see the same?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,ah - simple - you selected/modified the JPEG codec.Open a JPEG.Select save as.Select options.Select as Codec Baseline. Lossless is only used for special medical cases. The Finder do not support it.Thorsten Ok, try this:Download this sample image:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPEG#/med ... 100.jpgput it on the desktop (so you can see the thumbnail)Open the image in GC9 version 9.7.5 2098, and rotate or mirror the image.Select "Save and Next"There will be a warning regarding lossless jpg (the file is not JPEG-LS)Close GC9Look at the icon (it is now a generic JPG icon, not a thumbnail). Try to Quick-look open it or double click it.It will not open. Do you see the same?
csterndk0862

Post by csterndk0862 »

Ha ha - it is an "Error 45" - the cause of the error is sitting 45 cm from the monitor...If you in the future redesign the super advanced preferences "system" you should consider to make it in two versions, a basic and an advanced (where potentially destructive settings could be "hidden").Thanks for your - as always - fast response.Claus
Zalman Lazkowicz

black graphic into coloured

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

I want to turn this graphic from black to any colour. I can use ‘Fill’, but it’s time consuming to do every element.Thanks!
thorstenlemke

Re: black graphic into coloured [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,just open the file.Select Picture/Mode/RGB to convert it to color mode.Now use Edit/Find and Replace Colors.Replace the black with the requested color.Thorsten [Attachment(s) from Zalman Lazkowicz included below]I want to turn this graphic from black to any colour. I can use ‘Fill’, but it’s time consuming to do every element.Thanks!<108.jpg>
Zalman Lazkowicz

Re: black graphic into coloured

Thanks very much Thorsten!!! On 23 Feb 2016, at 4:11 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,just open the file.Select Picture/Mode/RGB to convert it to color mode.Now use Edit/Find and Replace Colors.Replace the black with the requested color.Thorsten[Attachment(s) from Zalman Lazkowicz included below]I want to turn this graphic from black to any colour. I can use ‘Fill’, but it’s time consuming to do every element.Thanks!<108.jpg>
Zalman Lazkowicz

something else wanted to ask about same graphic - how to create shadow under every element, to make a 3d effect ?Thanks!!! On 23 Feb 2016, at 5:43 PM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Thanks very much Thorsten!!!On 23 Feb 2016, at 4:11 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,just open the file.Select Picture/Mode/RGB to convert it to color mode.Now use Edit/Find and Replace Colors.Replace the black with the requested color.Thorsten[Attachment(s) from Zalman Lazkowicz included below]I want to turn this graphic from black to any colour. I can use ‘Fill’, but it’s time consuming to do every element.Thanks!<108.jpg>
Robert Ameeti

Post by Robert Ameeti »

When using the Find and Replace Colors option, it would be nice if after pressing the ‘Replace’ button that the dialog did not then close. I most often have to repeatedly open the same dialog and repeat the process over and over as the tolerance was a guess item and it takes many attempts to achieve the end result that I am seeking.At this time, the Find and Replace Colors chooses to Replace the found color anywhere in the picture. Can the replacement be constrained to contiguous pixels or can the Replace only work on a selected region of the picture? Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866 On Feb 23, 2016, at 6:11 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,just open the file.Select Picture/Mode/RGB to convert it to color mode.Now use Edit/Find and Replace Colors.Replace the black with the requested color.Thorsten[Attachment(s) from Zalman Lazkowicz included below]I want to turn this graphic from black to any colour. I can use ‘Fill’, but it’s time consuming to do every element.Thanks!<108.jpg>
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

> On Feb 23, 2016, at 9:18:AM, Robert Ameeti robert@ameeti.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > > When using the Find and Replace Colors option, it would be nice if after pressing the ‘Replace’ button that the dialog did not then close. I most often have to repeatedly open the same dialog and repeat the process over and over as the tolerance was a guess item and it takes many attempts to achieve the end result that I am seeking. > > At this time, the Find and Replace Colors chooses to Replace the found color anywhere in the picture. Can the replacement be constrained to contiguous pixels or can the Replace only work on a selected region of the picture? The replacement can be constrained to a preselected area, selected with the Selection (M) tool. And has been that way for years. > Robert Ameeti > (949) 422-6866 > > > > >> On Feb 23, 2016, at 6:11 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: >> >> Hello, >> >> >> just open the file. >> Select Picture/Mode/RGB to convert it to color mode. >> Now use Edit/Find and Replace Colors. >> Replace the black with the requested color. >> >> Thorsten >> >>> >>> [Attachment(s) from Zalman Lazkowicz included below] >>> >>> I want to turn this graphic from black to any colour. I can use ‘Fill’, but it’s time consuming to do every element. >>> Thanks! >>> <108.jpg> >> >> > > > > Robert Poland Fort Collins, CO
Robert Ameeti

Post by Robert Ameeti »

When I select a region (which might be a red shirt that someone is wearing), the ‘Tolerance’ feature of the Find and Replace Colors allows me to alter all of the shirt even though the entire shirt is not the identical ‘red’. When I choose to replace the 'red' with ‘blue’, the new shirt has the identical ‘blue’ throughout the area of the shirt rather than a blue that is similar to the ‘mottled’ red that was replaced. ie. The picture is changed from an area of red that is not identical (thus the use of the tolerance feature) with a blue that is identical.How could I have the replaced color have a similar ‘tolerance’ variation as the color that was replaced? Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866 On Feb 23, 2016, at 9:04 AM, Robert Poland rpoland@usa.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> On Feb 23, 2016, at 9:18:AM, Robert Ameeti robert@ameeti.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> > > > When using the Find and Replace Colors option, it would be nice if after pressing the ‘Replace’ button that the dialog did not then close. I most often have to repeatedly open the same dialog and repeat the process over and over as the tolerance was a guess item and it takes many attempts to achieve the end result that I am seeking.> > At this time, the Find and Replace Colors chooses to Replace the found color anywhere in the picture. Can the replacement be constrained to contiguous pixels or can the Replace only work on a selected region of the picture?The replacement can be constrained to a preselected area, selected with the Selection (M) tool. And has been that way for years.> Robert Ameeti> (949) 422-6866> > > > >> On Feb 23, 2016, at 6:11 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:>> >> Hello,>> >> >> just open the file.>> Select Picture/Mode/RGB to convert it to color mode.>> Now use Edit/Find and Replace Colors.>> Replace the black with the requested color.>> >> Thorsten>> >>> >>> [Attachment(s) from Zalman Lazkowicz included below]>>> >>> I want to turn this graphic from black to any colour. I can use ‘Fill’, but it’s time consuming to do every element.>>> Thanks!>>> <108.jpg>>> >> > > > > Robert PolandFort Collins, CO