GC 10 beta?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 10 beta?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Robert,Alt-X works here perfectly in GC10 BETA.Is there maybe another dialog in the foreground?Thorsten Swap the foreground and background color (Alt-X)
rpoland

Post by rpoland »

> On May 8, 2016, at 9:34:AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > > Hello Robert, > > Alt-X works here perfectly in GC10 BETA. > > Is there maybe another dialog in the foreground? Alt-X, on my system, is also a SYSTEM shortcut. Both have worked for years. > Thorsten >> Swap the foreground and background color (Alt-X) >> > > > > Robert Poland Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Bob,I changed nothing in that GC routines between GC9 and GC10.So, does it work in GC9 on your system?Thorsten Alt-X, on my system, is also a SYSTEM shortcut. Both have worked for years.>
rpoland

Post by rpoland »

> On May 8, 2016, at 9:41:AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > > Hello Bob, > > I changed nothing in that GC routines between GC9 and GC10. > So, does it work in GC9 on your system? I just tried it and it does work. > Thorsten >> >> >> >> Alt-X, on my system, is also a SYSTEM shortcut. Both have worked for years. >> >> > >> > > > Robert Poland Fort Collins, CO
rpoland

Post by rpoland »

Thorsten, I noticed, (GC10) that the shortcut (V) is assigned to BOTH Text and Blurr. (A) is assigned to Blurr on GC9. (V) is assigned to Text on GC9. > On May 8, 2016, at 9:41:AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > > Hello Bob, > > I changed nothing in that GC routines between GC9 and GC10. > So, does it work in GC9 on your system? > > Thorsten >> >> >> >> Alt-X, on my system, is also a SYSTEM shortcut. Both have worked for years. >> >> > >> > > > Robert Poland Fort Collins, CO
eligurwayne

Post by eligurwayne »

I noticed this on the latest OS build update - that erratically the computer does not recognize the USB drive and all apps.  go 'blank' on "OPEN RECENT" files ...This El Capitan is buggy !SO they try A.I. programming on this one pretty good but why Apple retains some barbaric item as the FORCE QUIT button IDK!I do not code but gee this is annoying that Apple can;t hire workers that can count even?Isn't it bad code practice to keep apps. suspended like that?
eligurwayne

Post by eligurwayne »

I recall OS TIGER the first one - that I accidentally deleted the PREFERENCES folder and it 'allowed that' then...I slowly crashed into the earth... Apple seems to run heavily on Prefs.
Dominick Issi

Post by Dominick Issi »

Sounds as if you need to Zap your PRAM … ESPECIALLY if you’re having USB problems.To reset PRAM: Shut down your Mac. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4. Turn on the computer. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time. Release the keys. More information on PRAM and resets can be found on Apple’s support page.Good LUCK!  :-)  On May 8, 2016, at 3:30 PM, eligurwayne@yahoo.ca [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I noticed this on the latest OS build update - that erratically the computer does not recognize the USB drive and all apps.  go 'blank' on "OPEN RECENT" files ...This El Capitan is buggy !SO they try A.I. programming on this one pretty good but why Apple retains some barbaric item as the FORCE QUIT button IDK!I do not code but gee this is annoying that Apple can;t hire workers that can count even?Isn't it bad code practice to keep apps. suspended like that?
eligurwayne

Post by eligurwayne »

You know I actually do not have issues as detailed on their page you provided:Speaker volumeScreen resolutionStartup disk selectionRecent kernel panic information, if any..appreciate the heads up, but this issue has a cause in the OS update I actually believe 10 11 04 because right after that this funky stuff went on. It may actually cause all this trouble on the GC Groups today we talk about - I may think it's that OS update.I had a lot of these in 12 years. Apple quietly fixes stuff and they likely knew how darn erratic old Preview was.So they did patch that up for now.Considering the reputation of this company, you'd expect more than this. But then again, their upgrades are free instead of over a hundred dollars...Regards:Wayne
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,I can`t reproduce the issue on three machines. Is there any error message (maybe in the console)?Thorsten I just tried it and it does work.