GC 10 beta?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Stage & Sternberg

GC 10 beta?

Post by Stage & Sternberg »

Hi, Are we going to be allowed to test GC10 prior to the public release? Thanks Claus
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 10 beta?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Claus,all gcmac users can now try the latest BETA:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta/gc10_build2560.dmg Please use as temporary license key:GC10-PQGZYQ-YRQPlease e-mail any feedback.This key and BETA will expire on May 31, 2016.Thorsten Hi,Are we going to be allowed to test GC10 prior to the public release?ThanksClaus
eligurwayne

Post by eligurwayne »

Drag and drop function is disabled? It used to import images from Nasa as .PNG ...http://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/assets/img/lat ... 11_171.jpg
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,what does not work?I just dragged and dropped the image without any issue.Thorsten Drag and drop function is disabled? It used to import images from Nasa as .PNG ...http://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/assets/img/lat ... 11_171.jpg
eligurwayne

Post by eligurwayne »

Well I am only on NASA/SDO/the sun now SDO : Solar Dynamics Observatory SDO : Solar Dynamics Observatory SDO is designed to help us understand the Sun's influence on Earth and Near-Earth space by studying the solar atmosphere on small scales of space... View on sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov Preview by Yahoo   and the I take any sun image there only, it will not open when dragged to GC.I KNOW what may be going on - because just lately NASA changed the way any app. opens a file? It used to default as .png and a week past it all changed... to .jpg files. nothing too awful bad... they do that a lot.. Iy will change soon I recon.Wayne 
rpoland

Post by rpoland »

Thorsten, I have the same problem. I drag a JPG on to "GraphicConverter 10" on the Application folder. I get the option to Quit, Order (For some(?) unknown price) or Quit. Clicking on "Try It" opens GC The app opens but the jpg did not open. If I then drop the image on the Dock Icon it opens. ALSO: The Alt X command fails. > On May 8, 2016, at 12:30:AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > > Hello, > > what does not work? > > I just dragged and dropped the image without any issue. > > Thorsten >> >> Drag and drop function is disabled? It used to import images from Nasa as .PNG ... >> >> >> >> http://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/assets/img/lat ... 11_171.jpg >> >> > > > > > Posted by: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> > Robert Poland iMac, Late 2013, 14,2 3.2 GHz Intel Core I5, 27” 16 GB Ram, 1TB Fusion HD OS X 10.11.4
eligurwayne

Post by eligurwayne »

Yes I drag to GC and it does not open.If it drags to an open GC it fails ...no problem just do another way...
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Robert,drag and drop do not work if the splash screen appears (like in any other version).What do you mean with alt-x ?Thorsten Thorsten,I have the same problem. I drag a JPG on to "GraphicConverter 10" on the Application folder.I get the option to Quit, Order (For some(?) unknown price) or Quit.Clicking on "Try It" opens GC The app opens but the jpg did not open. If I then drop the image on the Dock Icon it opens.ALSO: The Alt X command fails.> On May 8, 2016, at 12:30:AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> 
rpoland

Post by rpoland »

> On May 8, 2016, at 9:21:AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > > Hello Robert, > > drag and drop do not work if the splash screen appears (like in any other version). > > What do you mean with alt-x ? Swap the foreground and background color (Alt-X) > Thorsten >> >> >> Thorsten, >> >> I have the same problem. I drag a JPG on to "GraphicConverter 10" on the Application folder. >> >> I get the option to Quit, Order (For some(?) unknown price) or Quit. >> >> Clicking on "Try It" opens GC The app opens but the jpg did not open. If I then drop the image on the Dock Icon it opens. >> >> ALSO: The Alt X command fails. >> >> > On May 8, 2016, at 12:30:AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: >> > >> > > > Robert Poland Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I will check that. I changed no shortcuts.Thorsten Swap the foreground and background color (Alt-X)