Help Files using 9.7.5

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
pripley1

Help Files using 9.7.5

Post by pripley1 »

I’ve used GC since 1992.  Recently, I upgraded to 9.7.5.When I choose Help from the menu, the only items are Mac OS X help files.GC used to have extensive help files.  Did I download the wrong version?Or have they been eliminated.
thorstenlemke

Re: Help Files using 9.7.5

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,did you launch and activate GraphicConverter?You can select all items.Thorsten I’ve used GC since 1992.  Recently, I upgraded to 9.7.5.When I choose Help from the menu, the only items are Mac OS X help files.GC used to have extensive help files.  Did I download the wrong version?Or have they been eliminated.
pripley1

Post by pripley1 »

Thorsten.  It’s been a long time since I upgraded.I’m probably too old to understand this situation.Thanks for your suggestion.I don’t know what “launch and activate” means. I double-clicked the installer and that was it.We get what we deserve.  :)
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,GraphicConverter uses no installer.Just download:Jetzt herunterladenDouble click the DMG to mount it.Copy GraphicConverter to the applications folder.Maybe you did download and install another software?Thorsten Thorsten.  It’s been a long time since I upgraded.I’m probably too old to understand this situation.Thanks for your suggestion.I don’t know what “launch and activate” means. I double-clicked the installer and that was it.We get what we deserve.  :)
pripley1

Post by pripley1 »

When I got GC 9.7.5 I followed the steps that you describe.  GC is working fine.I obviously got the Finder Help menu.  When GC is active, I see the correct Help menu.Maybe it’s time to hang up the old HD.Thanks for your help.