Finding Faces within a script and then cropping

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
eclectic_p

Finding Faces within a script and then cropping

Post by eclectic_p »

Hi all,I'm looking for a way to build a script using GraphicConverter to go through a directory of portraits, find the face, add a buffer, crop to a certain ratio, and then save to a cropped directory. Photos where a face cannot be found would ideally be copied out to another directory to be dealt with by a human.Looking through the AppleScript/JavaScript/Objective-C dictionaries doesn't seem to present any Face detection functions for me to use.Is what I'm asking to do possible with GraphicConverter (please say yes!)?Cheers,Mark P.
thorstenlemke

Re: Finding Faces within a script and then cropping

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Mark,many thanks for your e-mail.That is currently not possible.But I can add it.Can I get some sample files to lemke@lemkesoft.de ?Thorsten Hi all,I'm looking for a way to build a script using GraphicConverter to go through a directory of portraits, find the face, add a buffer, crop to a certain ratio, and then save to a cropped directory. Photos where a face cannot be found would ideally be copied out to another directory to be dealt with by a human.Looking through the AppleScript/JavaScript/Objective-C dictionaries doesn't seem to present any Face detection functions for me to use.Is what I'm asking to do possible with GraphicConverter (please say yes!)?Cheers,Mark P.
eclectic_p

Post by eclectic_p »

Hi Thorsten,Thanks for your reply, it's looking encouraging.I've emailed you the first 75 images of one the of the most recent runs we have done with some information about it.Cheers,Mark P.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi Mark,I replied to your personal e-mail with a solution.Thorsten Hi Thorsten,Thanks for your reply, it's looking encouraging.I've emailed you the first 75 images of one the of the most recent runs we have done with some information about it.Cheers,Mark P.