Endless Internet error loop in GC10 browser.

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Jeff Shapiro

Endless Internet error loop in GC10 browser.

Post by Jeff Shapiro »

I discovered that unless you have an active Internet connection GC10 goes into an endless loop telling you "The Internet connection appears to be offline." When I close all the currently displayed windows, more windows pop up. This goes on as long as you're willing to close windows. At first I thought it was GC checking for updates, but I've turned that off. I just noticed that it only seems to go into this loop in the browser. I do have a connection to my Google+ account setup. (I can't quickly find a way to turn it off.) The loop makes it impossible to use GC without an connection, at least in the browser. -- Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arrivingsafely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW! What a Ride!"
thorstenlemke

Re: Endless Internet error loop in GC10 browser. [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,hmm, I can`t reproduce this here.Also, no other such report.Please trash the prefs with the attached first aid app.What happens now?Thorsten
Jeff Shapiro

Re: Endless Internet error loop in GC10 browser. [1 Attachment]

Post by Jeff Shapiro »

Thorsten, Deleting the preferences seems to have gotten rid of the problem. Although, I haven't spent much time checking into the problem. After using the First Aid app, I didn't reconnect GC to my Google+ account. So, I don't know if that was part of the problem or not. Thanks for the prompt reply. Jeff Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] October 14, 2016 at 8:01 AM Hello,hmm, I can`t reproduce this here.Also, no other such report.Please trash the prefs with the attached first aid app.What happens now?Thorsten Jeff Shapiro manicycles@yahoo.com [gcmac] October 14, 2016 at 7:49 AM   I discovered that unless you have an active Internet connection GC10 goes into an endless loop telling you "The Internet connection appears to be offline." When I close all the currently displayed windows, more windows pop up. This goes on as long as you're willing to close windows. At first I thought it was GC checking for updates, but I've turned that off. I just noticed that it only seems to go into this loop in the browser. I do have a connection to my Google+ account setup. (I can't quickly find a way to turn it off.) The loop makes it impossible to use GC without an connection, at least in the browser. Jeff Shapiro October 13, 2016 at 11:32 AM I discovered that unless you have an active Internet connection GC10 goes into an endless loop telling you "The Internet connection appears to be offline." When I close all the currently displayed windows, more windows pop up. This goes on as long as you're willing to close windows. At first I thought it was GC checking for updates, but I've turned that off. I just noticed that it only seems to go into this loop in the browser. I do have a connection to my Google+ account setup. (I can't quickly find a way to turn it off.) The loop makes it impossible to use GC without an connection, at least in the browser.