New GraphicConverter forum

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:00 pm

Re: New GraphicConverter forum

Post by thorstenlemke » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi,no, just use your new address.Thorsten > login is active after my approval. I use manual approval to avoid spam.> > ThorstenAre you matching addresses to those of subscribers on the current list? Because I switched emails to a secondary address (on Yahoo!) and hope you won't think I'm a spammer.Anne

David Morrison
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:09 pm

Re: New GraphicConverter forum

Post by David Morrison » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:26 am

>Hi, > >I want to drop yahoo due the many security leaks. Also, my own >server uses https. >Also, the new forum supports many sub-forums for the different areas. Yahoo is more and more not a good place to be. Some serious bugs in Yahoo groups have existed for years, and Yahoo has done nothing about them. However, forum software is also notorious for security holes and many can be hacked without much effort. Constant vigilance is required. Cheers David

User avatar
John Hill
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:33 pm

Re: New GraphicConverter forum

Post by John Hill » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:42 am

Is this automatic, or do I have to set it up? Many forums give an option to receive email copies as they arrive, daily in a digest, weekly in a digest or not at all. I would go for the first option.But I cannot find such an option in the Control Panel.Where would I post an enquiry of this kind on the new forum?  It is not specific to either GraphicConverter or CADintosh, so hardly belongs under either group.John. On 30 Dec 2016, at 18:05, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi,yes, that is possible.ThorstenWill we continue to get email copies of postings to the new forum, as we do at present?I should hate to have to keep remembering to log in (supposing my registration is approved). I shall probably forget :-(JohnOn 30 Dec 2016, at 09:25, lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi,

Carter Crain
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:01 pm

Re: New GraphicConverter forum (don't like it)

Post by Carter Crain » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:14 pm

I would like to get emails like we did on the yahoo group. This does not do it. I am unlikely to come and read posts.Google groups may not be as problematic as yahoo.I looked for a way to do a poll on the subject, but did not find it. Carter CrainPO Box 263Hunt, Texas 78024fcc@me.com713-417-4801 On Dec 31, 2016, at 3:39 AM, John Hill john@yclept.wanadoo.co.uk [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Is this automatic, or do I have to set it up? Many forums give an option to receive email copies as they arrive, daily in a digest, weekly in a digest or not at all. I would go for the first option.But I cannot find such an option in the Control Panel.Where would I post an enquiry of this kind on the new forum?  It is not specific to either GraphicConverter or CADintosh, so hardly belongs under either group.John.On 30 Dec 2016, at 18:05, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi,yes, that is possible.ThorstenWill we continue to get email copies of postings to the new forum, as we do at present?I should hate to have to keep remembering to log in (supposing my registration is approved). I shall probably forget :-(JohnOn 30 Dec 2016, at 09:25, lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi,

Hisashi T Fujinaka
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:10 am

Re: New GraphicConverter forum (don't like it)

Post by Hisashi T Fujinaka » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:37 pm

Looks like it's possible but the forum hasn't been set up for it? I don't see a way to subscribe ot anything but current messages. The "UCP" as described on a google search doesn't appear to be visible for a regular user. On Sat, 31 Dec 2016, Carter Crain donteventhinkaboutit@me.com [gcmac] wrote: > > I would like to get emails like we did on the yahoo group. This does not do it. I am unlikely to come and read posts. > > Google groups may not be as problematic as yahoo. > > I looked for a way to do a poll on the subject, but did not find it. > > > Carter Crain > PO Box 263 > Hunt, Texas 78024 > fcc@me.com > 713-417-4801 > > On Dec 31, 2016, at 3:39 AM, John Hill john@yclept.wanadoo.co.uk [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > Is this automatic, or do I have to set it up? Many forums give an option to receive email copies as they arrive, daily in > a digest, weekly in a digest or not at all. I would go for the first option. > But I cannot find such an option in the Control Panel. > > Where would I post an enquiry of this kind on the new forum? It is not specific to either GraphicConverter or CADintosh, > so hardly belongs under either group. > > John. > > On 30 Dec 2016, at 18:05, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > Hi, > > > yes, that is possible. > > Thorsten > > Will we continue to get email copies of postings to the new forum, as we do at present? > > I should hate to have to keep remembering to log in (supposing my registration is approved). I shall probably > forget :-( > > John > > On 30 Dec 2016, at 09:25, lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > > > > > > -- Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com BSEE + BSChem + BAEnglish + MSCS + $2.50 = coffee

Steve Dropkin
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:39 pm

Re: New GraphicConverter forum (don't like it)

Post by Steve Dropkin » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:51 pm

Try this. In the forum software, it is possible to subscribe to a forum. Open each forum you want and click the Subscription checkbox at the bottom right. This lets you toggle subscription on and off. Subscribe to forum checkbox Then, within the User Control Panel, you can choose to be notified by email each time someone creates a topic:Notification in forum This may not be more than an email advising you that new posts have been made (that is, no topic listed or such). But if the issue is being notified when there are new entries, this should remind you. As for moving away from Yahoo Groups, I'm fully with Thorsten on this. Being on Yahoo Groups held *me* back from contributing, partially because I thought the interface there was cumbersome and partially because Yahoo has proved fully that they don't give a *&#% about user security. Besides, at this rate, who knows if Verizon will keep any of Yahoo? It's worth moving elsewhere. Best regards, Steve On 12/31/16 10:14 AM, Carter Crain donteventhinkaboutit@me.com [gcmac] wrote: > > > I would like to get emails like we did on the yahoo group. This does > not do it. I am unlikely to come and read posts. > > Google groups may not be as problematic as yahoo. > > I looked for a way to do a poll on the subject, but did not find it. > > > Carter Crain > PO Box 263 > Hunt, Texas 78024 > fcc@me.com <mailto:fcc@me.com> > 713-417-4801 > >> On Dec 31, 2016, at 3:39 AM, John Hill john@yclept.wanadoo.co.uk >> <mailto:john@yclept.wanadoo.co.uk> [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com >> <mailto:gcmac@yahoogroups.com>> wrote: >> >> Is this automatic, or do I have to set it up? Many forums give an >> option to receive email copies as they arrive, daily in a digest, >> weekly in a digest or not at all. I would go for the first option. >> >> But I cannot find such an option in the Control Panel. >> >> Where would I post an enquiry of this kind on the new forum? It is >> not specific to either GraphicConverter or CADintosh, so hardly >> belongs under either group. >> >> John. >> >>> On 30 Dec 2016, at 18:05, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de >>> <mailto:lemke@lemkesoft.de> [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com >>> <mailto:gcmac@yahoogroups.com>> wrote: >>> >>> Hi, >>> >>> >>> yes, that is possible. >>> >>> Thorsten >>>> >>>> Will we continue to get email copies of postings to the new forum, >>>> as we do at present? >>>> >>>> I should hate to have to keep remembering to log in (supposing my >>>> registration is approved). I shall probably forget :-( >>>> >>>> John >>>> >>>>> On 30 Dec 2016, at 09:25,lemke@lemkesoft.de >>>>> <mailto:lemke@lemkesoft.de>[gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com >>>>> <mailto:gcmac@yahoogroups.com>> wrote: >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> Hi, >>>>> >>>>> >>> >>> >> > > > >

Anne Judge
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:51 pm

Re: New GraphicConverter forum (don't like it)

Post by Anne Judge » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:11 pm

> On Dec 31, 2016, at 11:51 AM, Steve Dropkin steve@dropkin.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > This may not be more than an email advising you that new posts have been > made (that is, no topic listed or such). I set up notifications as you described yesterday, and got emails today for each of the 3 forums. The format appears to be "This forum has received a new topic by [poster] since your last visit, "[subject]," plus a link to the forum. Followup posts trigger the email, "You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic "[subject]" at "lemkesoft.com". This topic has received a reply by [new poster] since your last visit. No more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic." I would much prefer to have the option of receiving the actual content of the day's posts in a digest format, but all I can find in the control panel is on or off, with on producing the email format above. :-( Anne

Mark H. Anbinder
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Re: New GraphicConverter forum (don't like it)

Post by Mark H. Anbinder » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:31 pm

> On Dec 31, 2016, at 1:11 PM, Anne Judge anne.judge@alum.mit.edu [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > The format appears to be "This forum has received a new topic by [poster] since your last visit, "[subject]," plus a link to the forum. I'm afraid that'll keep me from participating. I've only been active in this forum because YahooGroups has allowed it to act like a mailing list. I have no interest whatsoever in visiting a web forum. -- Mark H. Anbinder mha@14850.com 14850 Magazine Public Communications Inc At 14850.com we eat, drink, live, and breathe Ithaca. http://www.14850.com/

K. Benoit Evans
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:24 am

Re: New GraphicConverter forum (don't like it)

Post by K. Benoit Evans » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:41 pm

On 31 dec. 2016, at 14:31, 'Mark H. Anbinder' mha@14850.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:On Dec 31, 2016, at 1:11 PM, Anne Judge anne.judge@alum.mit.edu [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:The format appears to be "This forum has received a new topic by [poster] since your last visit, "[subject]," plus a link to the forum. I'm afraid that'll keep me from participating. I've only been active in this forum because YahooGroups has allowed it to act like a mailing list. I have no interest whatsoever in visiting a web forum.-- Mark H. Anbinder                                               mha@14850.com14850 MagazinePublic Communications IncAt 14850.com we eat, drink, live, and breathe Ithaca. http://www.14850.com/I'm willing to give the new forum a fair chance before pulling the plug.As the English essayist Alexander Pope recommends:"Be not the first by whom the new are tried, Nor yet the last to lay the old aside."

Tom Coradeschi
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 4:34 am

Re: New GraphicConverter forum

Post by Tom Coradeschi » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:50 am

All taken care of, Thorsten. Thanks for all you do to create and support GraphicConverter! > On 30 Dec 2016, at 4:25 AM, lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > > Hi, > > > > I will move any announcements and discussions from this group to our direct server. > > > > So, please register yourself at our new server: > > https://www.lemkesoft.info/forum > > > > Thorsten > > > > — Tom Coradeschi tcora@skylands.ibmwr.org

Post Reply