[Solved] Any interest in sharing textures? Or Fill Patterns?

Want to submit a new feature, an enhancement ? Do it here !
MikeChristy

[Solved] Any interest in sharing textures? Or Fill Patterns?

Post by MikeChristy »

I have made many textures that I use when making a "watercolor" image to give the effect of "watercolor paper" to the image. Is there any interest in sharing textures that you have made in order to get what others have made? Fill patterns could also be shared if there was any interest.

Mike
JamesInSanDiego

Re: Any interest in sharing textures? Or Fill Patterns?

Post by JamesInSanDiego »

I'm always greedy, lol. :roll: I'll gladly take any textures you might have to offer. I've never made any and not sure how to do it. I'm sure it is in the manual somewhere. I've used the 3 textures which come with GC a few times but might use more if they were available.
27" iMac 14,2 (late 2013) 3.5 GHz i7 24 GB RAM 3 TB Fusion Drive macOS High Sierra 10.13.2
13" MacBook Pro 14,2 (2017 Touch Bar) 3.3 GHz i5 16 GB RAM 512 GB SSD macOS Mohave 10.14 beta
iPad Pro 128 GB iOS 12.0 beta
iPhone X iOS 12.0 beta
MikeChristy

Re: Any interest in sharing textures? Or Fill Patterns?

Post by MikeChristy »

The textures were made with Graphic Converter. They are just jpg files that you put in the directory called "Textures". If you don't know how to find that directory open Graphic Converter and go to the menu bar / Filter / Look with LUT / Show LUTs Folder / Textures. Put the JPG files in that folder. Then you can use the textures on a graphic that you have loaded.
zig zag wool(Atkinson) copy.jpg
zig zag wool(Atkinson) copy.jpg (89 KiB) Viewed 4100 times
VeryBumpy-bw.jpg
VeryBumpy-bw.jpg (211.83 KiB) Viewed 4097 times
Sample.jpg
Sample.jpg (69.06 KiB) Viewed 4095 times
The last image is a sample of what the texture looks like when used on a graphic.

Mike