v5.2 beta quirks

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
RowlandCarson

v5.2 beta quirks

Post by RowlandCarson »

Still finding a few oddities with the latest beta.I noticed today that a TRIM operation behaved like a LINE SPLIT. That is, the piece trimmed off beyond the refrence line remained on display and could be deleted independently of the wanted part. I couldn't replicate the behaviour, though, so cannot offer an example.Another thing, which I don't think has ever happened before, is that when a print area is deleted it remains visible on the screen, even when a new print area with the identical name but a slightly different size is defined later. This seems to happen pretty consistently.regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
Stan

Re: v5.2 beta quirks

Post by Stan »

Reference deleted print areas remaining visible: I remove them with the "Delete View" function in the "Window Menu"I don't think you should have to do this however, perhaps Thorstenwill enlighten us.Regards,Stan. On Tuesday, September 28, 2004, at 07:04 AM, Rowland Carson wrote:Still finding a few oddities with the latest beta.I noticed today that a TRIM operation behaved like a LINE SPLIT. That is, the piece trimmed off beyond the refrence line remained on display and could be deleted independently of the wanted part. I couldn't replicate the behaviour, though, so cannot offer an example.Another thing, which I don't think has ever happened before, is that when a print area is deleted it remains visible on the screen, even when a new print area with the identical name but a slightly different size is defined later. This seems to happen pretty consistently.regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,you have to delete the view (if you have created one) and the print area.Thorsten --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "Stan" <srowe@t...> wrote:> Reference deleted print areas remaining visible:> I remove them with the "Delete View" function in the "Window Menu"> I don't think you should have to do this however, perhaps Thorsten> will enlighten us.> > Regards,> > Stan.> > > On Tuesday, September 28, 2004, at 07:04 AM, Rowland Carson wrote:> > Still finding a few oddities with the latest beta.> > I noticed today that a TRIM operation behaved like a LINE SPLIT. That > is, the piece trimmed off beyond the refrence line remained on > display and could be deleted independently of the wanted part. I > couldn't replicate the behaviour, though, so cannot offer an example.> > Another thing, which I don't think has ever happened before, is that > when a print area is deleted it remains visible on the screen, even > when a new print area with the identical name but a slightly > different size is defined later. This seems to happen pretty > consistently.> > regards> > Rowland> -- > > : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>> : <rowil@c...> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
RowlandCarson

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2004-09-30 06:06 +0000 Stan wrote: >Reference deleted print areas remaining visible:> I remove them with the "Delete View" function in the "Window Menu">I don't think you should have to do this Stan - thanks, I had not realised what was going on. I guess I have seldom deleted print areas in the past, and so may not have noticed this behaviour. Also, I see now that "define view with same settings" is ticked by default when I name a new print area. I have not (so far) made any real use of views but looking properly at the view choices on the window menu indicates how views could make some operations easier/faster.However, having the view area outlined in grey could make the appearance a bit cluttered if one went to town on using views. Maybe an option to hide view boundaries would be useful (like the hide/show TIFFs option)?Finally, I am now happy that the view persists even if the print area is deleted - that may be a useful feature in some circumstances - so I am now happy that the print area and the view area can be separately deleted. If a view is not needed to be associated with the print area, just de-select the tick box when creating it.regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...