dimensions

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
Clem Jensen

Re: dimensions

Post by Clem Jensen »

Michael I've tried adding 7 . It seems to work. Thanks.Clem On Nov 23, 2004, at 7:49 PM, Michael Eifert wrote:> I have been annoyed with the page numbers in the index too. I have > found if you add 7 to what is indicated in the index of the users > guide you should end up on the page you want.>> You can find some layer info on pages 13, and 62-64.>> On Nov 23, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Clem Jensen wrote:>>> Thanks again for your help.>> I would really like to use this program but it can be very >> frustrating at times. Sometimes I give up and just go over to the >> drawing board and finish it up.>> Am I doing something wrong? When I go to the index to find a subject >> the page numbers do not reflect the actual location.>> On another point I can't find anything on " Layers ">> I am not giving up but some days I just go and do something else.>> Thanks again.>>>> Clem>>>> On Nov 23, 2004, at 1:42 AM, Rowland Carson wrote:>>>>> At 2004-11-22 15:29 -0600 Clem Jensen wrote:>>>>>> >  Does that mean that I can not pull a line and watch the box for >>> the length>>>>>> Clem - CADintosh does not work like MacDraw or the other>>> "traditional" Mac drawing applications. I found I had to learn a new>>> way of working that seemed rather awkward at first, but is now much>>> easier with practice. You cannot (as far as I know) click and drag >>> to>>> draw a line, for instance. To draw a straight line, you specify the>>> start and end points, in a much more precise way than you could by>>> just clicking on a spot and dragging to another spot.>>>>>> It may be that CADintosh is not the application best suited for your>>> needs. If you don't require precision in drawing, then perhaps>>> OmniGraffle (bundled with new Macs) may suit you better.>>>>>> >If the box says 4 inches it might be most anything>>>>>> If the box says (f'rinstance) x:4" y:0", then that is where your>>> cursor is now. It does not relate to any of the objects you have>>> drawn. If you choose the simplest straight line tool (top left on >>> the>>> tool palette, line point-to-point) and set the selection mode to>>> "Freehand/Snap to grid" (use the tab key to rotate through the icons>>> on the right-hand end of the controls at the bottom of the drawing)>>> then you can set the start and finish points of your line freehand.>>> If you move the cursor until the position box shows x:0" y:0" and>>> click, a small blue cross appears where you clicked. Move the cursor>>> until the position box shows x:4" y:0" and click gain. The line>>> appears. If you want to check the exact position and length of the>>> line, use the measurement tool, that looks like a vernier caliper.>>> You find it as the bottom-right item on the pop-up menu of the>>> attributes icon (4th from the top on the right-hand side) on the >>> tool>>> palette. When you choose that tool and click on the line you've>>> drawn, it may not be exactly the length you wanted, or at the exact>>> position (particularly if you have chosen "grid on" from the options>>> menu).>>>>>> I find it's better to enter object dimensions from the keyboard, at>>> least in the early stages of a drawing. So in the example above, you>>> would key>>>>>> 0,0 <return>>>> 4,0 <return>>>>>>> to get a line exactly where you wanted it. As your drawing builds >>> up,>>> it becomes easier to use existing objects to define the position of>>> new objects, and it's useful to switch the selection mode to>>> "Intersect" or "Middle/End" (or the new automatic mode in the latest>>> betas). Thus a new line (or other object) can start precisely at the>>> intersection of 2 existing objects, or at the middle or end of one.>>> Sometimes you have to use a bit of lateral thinking to get what you>>> want, and often it's useful to create construction lines (just like>>> on a real drawing board) which can be erased once they have served>>> their purpose.>>>>>> Hope this helps - please get back if I haven't understood your >>> question.>>>>>> regards>>>>>> Rowland>>> -->>>>>> : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>>>> : <rowil@clara.net>          ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...>>>>>>>>>>>> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor>>>>>>>>>>>> <logo_25x25.gif>>>>>>> Get unlimited calls to>>>>>> U.S./Canada>>> <image.tiff>>>>>>> <l.gif>>>>>>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>>> To visit your group on the web, go to:>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cadintoshmac/>>>  >>> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:>>> cadintoshmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com>>>  >>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of >>> Service.>>>>>>
thorstenlemke

Re: dimensions

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I checked CADintosh again.The coordinate display works correctly.But some important items:- the coordinate display shows the numbers in the current selected scale (at the bottom).- so, if you draw with more than one scale in the same drawing there will be differences for the non-matching elements.Thorsten