dimensions

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
Clem Jensen

dimensions

Post by Clem Jensen »

In the upper right hand corner there are x y dimension boxes. I can not get them to relate to my drawing. If I make a 2 inch line the x y boxes don't reflect that dimension, they don't seem to reflect the cursor movement. I may draw 2 inches and the box will say perhaps .34 inches.I must be doing something wrong.Clem
thorstenlemke

Re: dimensions

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hmm, what are the scale settings?Can I get the drawing?Thorsten --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, "Clem Jensen" <clem8690@s...> wrote:> > In the upper right hand corner there are x y dimension boxes. I can not get them to relate > to my drawing. If I make a 2 inch line the x y boxes don't reflect that dimension, they don't > seem to reflect the cursor movement.> I may draw 2 inches and the box will say perhaps .34 inches.> I must be doing something wrong.> Clem
RowlandCarson

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2004-11-21 21:30 +0000 Clem Jensen wrote: >In the upper right hand corner there are x y dimension boxes. I can >not get them to relate>to my drawing. If I make a 2 inch line the x y boxes don't reflect >that dimension, they don't>seem to reflect the cursor movement. Clem - on all the versions I've used, the boxes that I think you are referring to reflect the present position of the cursor in real-time. If you have the scale set to other than 1:1 maybe that's why they don't show what you expect.regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
Clem Jensen

Post by Clem Jensen »

Thanks for the input. Does that mean that I can not pull a line and watch the box for the length ? If the box says 4 inches it might be most anything ?Clem On Nov 22, 2004, at 1:32 PM, Rowland Carson wrote:> At 2004-11-21 21:30 +0000 Clem Jensen wrote:>> >In the upper right hand corner there are x y dimension boxes. I can> >not get them to relate> >to my drawing. If I make a 2 inch line the x y boxes don't reflect> >that dimension, they don't> >seem to reflect the cursor movement.>> Clem - on all the versions I've used, the boxes that I think you are> referring to reflect the present position of the cursor in real-time.> If you have the scale set to other than 1:1 maybe that's why they> don't show what you expect.>> regards>> Rowland> -->> : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>> : <rowil@clara.net>          ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...>>>> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor>> <logo_25x25.gif>>> Get unlimited calls to>> U.S./Canada> <image.tiff>>> <l.gif>>> Yahoo! Groups Links>> To visit your group on the web, go to:> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cadintoshmac/>  > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> cadintoshmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com>  > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of > Service.>>
RowlandCarson

Post by RowlandCarson »

At 2004-11-22 15:29 -0600 Clem Jensen wrote: > Does that mean that I can not pull a line and watch the box for the length Clem - CADintosh does not work like MacDraw or the other "traditional" Mac drawing applications. I found I had to learn a new way of working that seemed rather awkward at first, but is now much easier with practice. You cannot (as far as I know) click and drag to draw a line, for instance. To draw a straight line, you specify the start and end points, in a much more precise way than you could by just clicking on a spot and dragging to another spot.It may be that CADintosh is not the application best suited for your needs. If you don't require precision in drawing, then perhaps OmniGraffle (bundled with new Macs) may suit you better. >If the box says 4 inches it might be most anything If the box says (f'rinstance) x:4" y:0", then that is where your cursor is now. It does not relate to any of the objects you have drawn. If you choose the simplest straight line tool (top left on the tool palette, line point-to-point) and set the selection mode to "Freehand/Snap to grid" (use the tab key to rotate through the icons on the right-hand end of the controls at the bottom of the drawing) then you can set the start and finish points of your line freehand. If you move the cursor until the position box shows x:0" y:0" and click, a small blue cross appears where you clicked. Move the cursor until the position box shows x:4" y:0" and click gain. The line appears. If you want to check the exact position and length of the line, use the measurement tool, that looks like a vernier caliper. You find it as the bottom-right item on the pop-up menu of the attributes icon (4th from the top on the right-hand side) on the tool palette. When you choose that tool and click on the line you've drawn, it may not be exactly the length you wanted, or at the exact position (particularly if you have chosen "grid on" from the options menu).I find it's better to enter object dimensions from the keyboard, at least in the early stages of a drawing. So in the example above, you would key0,0 <return>4,0 <return>to get a line exactly where you wanted it. As your drawing builds up, it becomes easier to use existing objects to define the position of new objects, and it's useful to switch the selection mode to "Intersect" or "Middle/End" (or the new automatic mode in the latest betas). Thus a new line (or other object) can start precisely at the intersection of 2 existing objects, or at the middle or end of one. Sometimes you have to use a bit of lateral thinking to get what you want, and often it's useful to create construction lines (just like on a real drawing board) which can be erased once they have served their purpose.Hope this helps - please get back if I haven't understood your question.regardsRowland-- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>: <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
Clem Jensen

Post by Clem Jensen »

Thanks again for your help.I would really like to use this program but it can be very frustrating at times. Sometimes I give up and just go over to the drawing board and finish it up.Am I doing something wrong? When I go to the index to find a subject the page numbers do not reflect the actual location.On another point I can't find anything on " Layers "I am not giving up but some days I just go and do something else.Thanks again.Clem On Nov 23, 2004, at 1:42 AM, Rowland Carson wrote:> At 2004-11-22 15:29 -0600 Clem Jensen wrote:>> >  Does that mean that I can not pull a line and watch the box for > the length>> Clem - CADintosh does not work like MacDraw or the other> "traditional" Mac drawing applications. I found I had to learn a new> way of working that seemed rather awkward at first, but is now much> easier with practice. You cannot (as far as I know) click and drag to> draw a line, for instance. To draw a straight line, you specify the> start and end points, in a much more precise way than you could by> just clicking on a spot and dragging to another spot.>> It may be that CADintosh is not the application best suited for your> needs. If you don't require precision in drawing, then perhaps> OmniGraffle (bundled with new Macs) may suit you better.>> >If the box says 4 inches it might be most anything>> If the box says (f'rinstance) x:4" y:0", then that is where your> cursor is now. It does not relate to any of the objects you have> drawn. If you choose the simplest straight line tool (top left on the> tool palette, line point-to-point) and set the selection mode to> "Freehand/Snap to grid" (use the tab key to rotate through the icons> on the right-hand end of the controls at the bottom of the drawing)> then you can set the start and finish points of your line freehand.> If you move the cursor until the position box shows x:0" y:0" and> click, a small blue cross appears where you clicked. Move the cursor> until the position box shows x:4" y:0" and click gain. The line> appears. If you want to check the exact position and length of the> line, use the measurement tool, that looks like a vernier caliper.> You find it as the bottom-right item on the pop-up menu of the> attributes icon (4th from the top on the right-hand side) on the tool> palette. When you choose that tool and click on the line you've> drawn, it may not be exactly the length you wanted, or at the exact> position (particularly if you have chosen "grid on" from the options> menu).>> I find it's better to enter object dimensions from the keyboard, at> least in the early stages of a drawing. So in the example above, you> would key>> 0,0 <return>> 4,0 <return>>> to get a line exactly where you wanted it. As your drawing builds up,> it becomes easier to use existing objects to define the position of> new objects, and it's useful to switch the selection mode to> "Intersect" or "Middle/End" (or the new automatic mode in the latest> betas). Thus a new line (or other object) can start precisely at the> intersection of 2 existing objects, or at the middle or end of one.> Sometimes you have to use a bit of lateral thinking to get what you> want, and often it's useful to create construction lines (just like> on a real drawing board) which can be erased once they have served> their purpose.>> Hope this helps - please get back if I haven't understood your > question.>> regards>> Rowland> -->> : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>> : <rowil@clara.net>          ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...>>>> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor>> <logo_25x25.gif>>> Get unlimited calls to>> U.S./Canada> <image.tiff>>> <l.gif>>> Yahoo! Groups Links>> To visit your group on the web, go to:> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cadintoshmac/>  > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> cadintoshmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com>  > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of > Service.>>
Michael Eifert

Post by Michael Eifert »

I have been annoyed with the page numbers in the index too. I have found if you add 7 to what is indicated in the index of the users guide you should end up on the page you want.You can find some layer info on pages 13, and 62-64. On Nov 23, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Clem Jensen wrote:> Thanks again for your help.> I would really like to use this program but it can be very frustrating > at times. Sometimes I give up and just go over to the drawing board > and finish it up.> Am I doing something wrong? When I go to the index to find a subject > the page numbers do not reflect the actual location.> On another point I can't find anything on " Layers "> I am not giving up but some days I just go and do something else.> Thanks again.>> Clem>> On Nov 23, 2004, at 1:42 AM, Rowland Carson wrote:>>> At 2004-11-22 15:29 -0600 Clem Jensen wrote:>>>> >  Does that mean that I can not pull a line and watch the box for >> the length>>>> Clem - CADintosh does not work like MacDraw or the other>> "traditional" Mac drawing applications. I found I had to learn a new>> way of working that seemed rather awkward at first, but is now much>> easier with practice. You cannot (as far as I know) click and drag to>> draw a line, for instance. To draw a straight line, you specify the>> start and end points, in a much more precise way than you could by>> just clicking on a spot and dragging to another spot.>>>> It may be that CADintosh is not the application best suited for your>> needs. If you don't require precision in drawing, then perhaps>> OmniGraffle (bundled with new Macs) may suit you better.>>>> >If the box says 4 inches it might be most anything>>>> If the box says (f'rinstance) x:4" y:0", then that is where your>> cursor is now. It does not relate to any of the objects you have>> drawn. If you choose the simplest straight line tool (top left on the>> tool palette, line point-to-point) and set the selection mode to>> "Freehand/Snap to grid" (use the tab key to rotate through the icons>> on the right-hand end of the controls at the bottom of the drawing)>> then you can set the start and finish points of your line freehand.>> If you move the cursor until the position box shows x:0" y:0" and>> click, a small blue cross appears where you clicked. Move the cursor>> until the position box shows x:4" y:0" and click gain. The line>> appears. If you want to check the exact position and length of the>> line, use the measurement tool, that looks like a vernier caliper.>> You find it as the bottom-right item on the pop-up menu of the>> attributes icon (4th from the top on the right-hand side) on the tool>> palette. When you choose that tool and click on the line you've>> drawn, it may not be exactly the length you wanted, or at the exact>> position (particularly if you have chosen "grid on" from the options>> menu).>>>> I find it's better to enter object dimensions from the keyboard, at>> least in the early stages of a drawing. So in the example above, you>> would key>>>> 0,0 <return>>> 4,0 <return>>>>> to get a line exactly where you wanted it. As your drawing builds up,>> it becomes easier to use existing objects to define the position of>> new objects, and it's useful to switch the selection mode to>> "Intersect" or "Middle/End" (or the new automatic mode in the latest>> betas). Thus a new line (or other object) can start precisely at the>> intersection of 2 existing objects, or at the middle or end of one.>> Sometimes you have to use a bit of lateral thinking to get what you>> want, and often it's useful to create construction lines (just like>> on a real drawing board) which can be erased once they have served>> their purpose.>>>> Hope this helps - please get back if I haven't understood your >> question.>>>> regards>>>> Rowland>> -->>>> : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>>> : <rowil@clara.net>          ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...>>>>>>>> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor>>>>>> <logo_25x25.gif>>>>> Get unlimited calls to>>>> U.S./Canada>> <image.tiff>>>>> <l.gif>>>>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>> To visit your group on the web, go to:>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cadintoshmac/>>  >> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:>> cadintoshmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com>>  >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of >> Service.>>>>
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,many thanks for this note. We will fix this in the next release (I thought Word makes a correct index).We work currently on a new tool to be able to edit all parameters of an element in a separate window.We hope to release a first beta in 2-3 weeks.Thorsten --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, Michael Eifert <meifert@v...> wrote:> I have been annoyed with the page numbers in the index too. I have > found if you add 7 to what is indicated in the index of the users guide > you should end up on the page you want.> > You can find some layer info on pages 13, and 62-64.> > On Nov 23, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Clem Jensen wrote:> > > Thanks again for your help.> > I would really like to use this program but it can be very frustrating > > at times. Sometimes I give up and just go over to the drawing board > > and finish it up.> > Am I doing something wrong? When I go to the index to find a subject > > the page numbers do not reflect the actual location.> > On another point I can't find anything on " Layers "> > I am not giving up but some days I just go and do something else.> > Thanks again.> >> > Clem> >> > On Nov 23, 2004, at 1:42 AM, Rowland Carson wrote:> >> >> At 2004-11-22 15:29 -0600 Clem Jensen wrote:> >>> >> >  Does that mean that I can not pull a line and watch the box for > >> the length> >>> >> Clem - CADintosh does not work like MacDraw or the other> >> "traditional" Mac drawing applications. I found I had to learn a new> >> way of working that seemed rather awkward at first, but is now much> >> easier with practice. You cannot (as far as I know) click and drag to> >> draw a line, for instance. To draw a straight line, you specify the> >> start and end points, in a much more precise way than you could by> >> just clicking on a spot and dragging to another spot.> >>> >> It may be that CADintosh is not the application best suited for your> >> needs. If you don't require precision in drawing, then perhaps> >> OmniGraffle (bundled with new Macs) may suit you better.> >>> >> >If the box says 4 inches it might be most anything> >>> >> If the box says (f'rinstance) x:4" y:0", then that is where your> >> cursor is now. It does not relate to any of the objects you have> >> drawn. If you choose the simplest straight line tool (top left on the> >> tool palette, line point-to-point) and set the selection mode to> >> "Freehand/Snap to grid" (use the tab key to rotate through the icons> >> on the right-hand end of the controls at the bottom of the drawing)> >> then you can set the start and finish points of your line freehand.> >> If you move the cursor until the position box shows x:0" y:0" and> >> click, a small blue cross appears where you clicked. Move the cursor> >> until the position box shows x:4" y:0" and click gain. The line> >> appears. If you want to check the exact position and length of the> >> line, use the measurement tool, that looks like a vernier caliper.> >> You find it as the bottom-right item on the pop-up menu of the> >> attributes icon (4th from the top on the right-hand side) on the tool> >> palette. When you choose that tool and click on the line you've> >> drawn, it may not be exactly the length you wanted, or at the exact> >> position (particularly if you have chosen "grid on" from the options> >> menu).> >>> >> I find it's better to enter object dimensions from the keyboard, at> >> least in the early stages of a drawing. So in the example above, you> >> would key> >>> >> 0,0 <return>> >> 4,0 <return>> >>> >> to get a line exactly where you wanted it. As your drawing builds up,> >> it becomes easier to use existing objects to define the position of> >> new objects, and it's useful to switch the selection mode to> >> "Intersect" or "Middle/End" (or the new automatic mode in the latest> >> betas). Thus a new line (or other object) can start precisely at the> >> intersection of 2 existing objects, or at the middle or end of one.> >> Sometimes you have to use a bit of lateral thinking to get what you> >> want, and often it's useful to create construction lines (just like> >> on a real drawing board) which can be erased once they have served> >> their purpose.> >>> >> Hope this helps - please get back if I haven't understood your > >> question.> >>> >> regards> >>> >> Rowland> >> --> >>> >> : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>> >> : <rowil@c...>          ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...> >>> >>> >>> >> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor> >>> >>> >> <logo_25x25.gif>> >>> >> Get unlimited calls to> >>> >> U.S./Canada> >> <image.tiff>> >>> >> <l.gif>> >>> >> Yahoo! Groups Links> >>> >> • To visit your group on the web, go to:> >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cadintoshmac/> >>  > >> • To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> >> cadintoshmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com> >>  > >> • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of > >> Service.> >>> >>
Clem Jensen

Post by Clem Jensen »

Thanks for the help. It looks as if we can use all we can get.Clem On Nov 23, 2004, at 7:49 PM, Michael Eifert wrote:> I have been annoyed with the page numbers in the index too. I have > found if you add 7 to what is indicated in the index of the users > guide you should end up on the page you want.>> You can find some layer info on pages 13, and 62-64.>> On Nov 23, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Clem Jensen wrote:>>> Thanks again for your help.>> I would really like to use this program but it can be very >> frustrating at times. Sometimes I give up and just go over to the >> drawing board and finish it up.>> Am I doing something wrong? When I go to the index to find a subject >> the page numbers do not reflect the actual location.>> On another point I can't find anything on " Layers ">> I am not giving up but some days I just go and do something else.>> Thanks again.>>>> Clem>>>> On Nov 23, 2004, at 1:42 AM, Rowland Carson wrote:>>>>> At 2004-11-22 15:29 -0600 Clem Jensen wrote:>>>>>> >  Does that mean that I can not pull a line and watch the box for >>> the length>>>>>> Clem - CADintosh does not work like MacDraw or the other>>> "traditional" Mac drawing applications. I found I had to learn a new>>> way of working that seemed rather awkward at first, but is now much>>> easier with practice. You cannot (as far as I know) click and drag >>> to>>> draw a line, for instance. To draw a straight line, you specify the>>> start and end points, in a much more precise way than you could by>>> just clicking on a spot and dragging to another spot.>>>>>> It may be that CADintosh is not the application best suited for your>>> needs. If you don't require precision in drawing, then perhaps>>> OmniGraffle (bundled with new Macs) may suit you better.>>>>>> >If the box says 4 inches it might be most anything>>>>>> If the box says (f'rinstance) x:4" y:0", then that is where your>>> cursor is now. It does not relate to any of the objects you have>>> drawn. If you choose the simplest straight line tool (top left on >>> the>>> tool palette, line point-to-point) and set the selection mode to>>> "Freehand/Snap to grid" (use the tab key to rotate through the icons>>> on the right-hand end of the controls at the bottom of the drawing)>>> then you can set the start and finish points of your line freehand.>>> If you move the cursor until the position box shows x:0" y:0" and>>> click, a small blue cross appears where you clicked. Move the cursor>>> until the position box shows x:4" y:0" and click gain. The line>>> appears. If you want to check the exact position and length of the>>> line, use the measurement tool, that looks like a vernier caliper.>>> You find it as the bottom-right item on the pop-up menu of the>>> attributes icon (4th from the top on the right-hand side) on the >>> tool>>> palette. When you choose that tool and click on the line you've>>> drawn, it may not be exactly the length you wanted, or at the exact>>> position (particularly if you have chosen "grid on" from the options>>> menu).>>>>>> I find it's better to enter object dimensions from the keyboard, at>>> least in the early stages of a drawing. So in the example above, you>>> would key>>>>>> 0,0 <return>>>> 4,0 <return>>>>>>> to get a line exactly where you wanted it. As your drawing builds >>> up,>>> it becomes easier to use existing objects to define the position of>>> new objects, and it's useful to switch the selection mode to>>> "Intersect" or "Middle/End" (or the new automatic mode in the latest>>> betas). Thus a new line (or other object) can start precisely at the>>> intersection of 2 existing objects, or at the middle or end of one.>>> Sometimes you have to use a bit of lateral thinking to get what you>>> want, and often it's useful to create construction lines (just like>>> on a real drawing board) which can be erased once they have served>>> their purpose.>>>>>> Hope this helps - please get back if I haven't understood your >>> question.>>>>>> regards>>>>>> Rowland>>> -->>>>>> : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>>>> : <rowil@clara.net>          ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...>>>>>>>>>>>> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor>>>>>>>>>>>> <logo_25x25.gif>>>>>>> Get unlimited calls to>>>>>> U.S./Canada>>> <image.tiff>>>>>>> <l.gif>>>>>>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>>> To visit your group on the web, go to:>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cadintoshmac/>>>  >>> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:>>> cadintoshmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com>>>  >>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of >>> Service.>>>>>>
Clem Jensen

Post by Clem Jensen »

I'm still struggling but I am making progress. As soon as I am a little more confident I'll sign up. Is there a written manual? Were are the details on layers? How will I try the beta to see if resolves my issues?Clem On Nov 24, 2004, at 1:59 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:>> Hello,>> many thanks for this note. We will fix this in the next release (I > thought Word makes a> correct index).> We work currently on a new tool to be able to edit all parameters of > an element in a> separate window.> We hope to release a first beta in 2-3 weeks.>> Thorsten>> --- In cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com, Michael Eifert <meifert@v...> > wrote:> > I have been annoyed with the page numbers in the index too.  I have> > found if you add 7 to what is indicated in the index of the users > guide> > you should end up on the page you want.> >> > You can find some layer info on pages 13, and 62-64.> >> > On Nov 23, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Clem Jensen wrote:> >> > > Thanks again for your help.> > > I would really like to use this program but it can be very > frustrating> > > at times. Sometimes I give up and just go over to the drawing > board> > > and finish it up.> > > Am I doing something wrong? When I go to the index to find a > subject> > > the page numbers do not reflect the actual location.> > > On another point I can't find anything on " Layers "> > > I am not giving up but some days I just go and do something else.> > > Thanks again.> > >> > > Clem> > >> > > On Nov 23, 2004, at 1:42 AM, Rowland Carson wrote:> > >> > >> At 2004-11-22 15:29 -0600 Clem Jensen wrote:> > >>> > >>  >  Does that mean that I can not pull a line and watch the box > for> > >> the length> > >>> > >>  Clem - CADintosh does not work like MacDraw or the other> > >>  "traditional" Mac drawing applications. I found I had to learn > a new> > >>  way of working that seemed rather awkward at first, but is now > much> > >>  easier with practice. You cannot (as far as I know) click and > drag to> > >>  draw a line, for instance. To draw a straight line, you specify > the> > >>  start and end points, in a much more precise way than you could > by> > >>  just clicking on a spot and dragging to another spot.> > >>> > >>  It may be that CADintosh is not the application best suited for > your> > >>  needs. If you don't require precision in drawing, then perhaps> > >>  OmniGraffle (bundled with new Macs) may suit you better.> > >>> > >>  >If the box says 4 inches it might be most anything> > >>> > >>  If the box says (f'rinstance) x:4" y:0", then that is where your> > >>  cursor is now. It does not relate to any of the objects you have> > >>  drawn. If you choose the simplest straight line tool (top left > on the> > >>  tool palette, line point-to-point) and set the selection mode to> > >>  "Freehand/Snap to grid" (use the tab key to rotate through the > icons> > >>  on the right-hand end of the controls at the bottom of the > drawing)> > >>  then you can set the start and finish points of your line > freehand.> > >>  If you move the cursor until the position box shows x:0" y:0" > and> > >>  click, a small blue cross appears where you clicked. Move the > cursor> > >>  until the position box shows x:4" y:0" and click gain. The line> > >>  appears. If you want to check the exact position and length of > the> > >>  line, use the measurement tool, that looks like a vernier > caliper.> > >>  You find it as the bottom-right item on the pop-up menu of the> > >>  attributes icon (4th from the top on the right-hand side) on > the tool> > >>  palette. When you choose that tool and click on the line you've> > >>  drawn, it may not be exactly the length you wanted, or at the > exact> > >>  position (particularly if you have chosen "grid on" from the > options> > >>  menu).> > >>> > >>  I find it's better to enter object dimensions from the > keyboard, at> > >>  least in the early stages of a drawing. So in the example > above, you> > >>  would key> > >>> > >>  0,0 <return>> > >>  4,0 <return>> > >>> > >>  to get a line exactly where you wanted it. As your drawing > builds up,> > >>  it becomes easier to use existing objects to define the > position of> > >>  new objects, and it's useful to switch the selection mode to> > >>  "Intersect" or "Middle/End" (or the new automatic mode in the > latest> > >>  betas). Thus a new line (or other object) can start precisely > at the> > >>  intersection of 2 existing objects, or at the middle or end of > one.> > >>  Sometimes you have to use a bit of lateral thinking to get what > you> > >>  want, and often it's useful to create construction lines (just > like> > >>  on a real drawing board) which can be erased once they have > served> > >>  their purpose.> > >>> > >>  Hope this helps - please get back if I haven't understood your> > >> question.> > >>> > >>  regards> > >>> > >>  Rowland> > >>  --> > >>> > >>  : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>> > >>  : <rowil@c...>          ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...> > >>> > >>> > >>> > >> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor> > >>> > >>> > >> <logo_25x25.gif>> > >>> > >> Get unlimited calls to> > >>> > >> U.S./Canada> > >> <image.tiff>> > >>> > >> <l.gif>> > >>> > >> Yahoo! Groups Links> > >>> > >>             To visit your group on the web, go to:> > >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cadintoshmac/> > >>  > > >>             To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> > >> cadintoshmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com> > >>  > > >>             Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! > Terms of> > >> Service.> > >>> > >>>>>>>>> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor>> ADVERTISEMENT> <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>> <l.gif>>> Yahoo! Groups Links>> To visit your group on the web, go to:> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cadintoshmac/>  > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> cadintoshmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com>  > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of > Service.>>