Problems with "Auto Convert"

The right place to speak and share about your experiences of GraphicConverter
ebussinetz
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:57 pm
Country: Germany

Problems with "Auto Convert"

Post by ebussinetz » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:03 pm

I have a Filemaker-Database with images. Every night it exports the images in a folder for preparing the images to use on a website.
I would scale the images into two sizes, one for thumbnails and one for big view.

Two Problems I have:
1. In the folder where the images are exported are 870 images. Graphicconverter only converts 80 images in the first night. Why wouldn´t be converted all images? What can I do?
2. The next night, when the images should be converted next time, all images wouldn´t be overwritten but duplicatet, so the images with the name "image.jpg" get the new name ""image_2.jpg". What can I do to overwrite the already in the target folder available images?

Most of the images are everytime the same, only some images would be changed or added/deleted.

Thank you and regards
Wolfgang

User avatar
forum_adm
Site Admin
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:41 am
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Contact:

Re: Problems with "Auto Convert"

Post by forum_adm » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:09 pm

Please e-mail a copy of the used batch for checking.

Also, please e-mail a screenshot of your auto convert settings.

Thorsten

ebussinetz
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:57 pm
Country: Germany

Re: Problems with "Auto Convert"

Post by ebussinetz » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:11 pm

Where can I find the batch?
I have attached a screenshot with the batch.

The second problem i have solved. I have found the setting to overwrite.
The first problem I couldn´t solve. On another computer I have the same problem: Only 48 images of 877 are converted.

Wolfgang
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-08-03 19.10.41.png
Screenshot 2018-08-03 19.10.41.png (157.85 KiB) Viewed 278 times
Screenshot 2018-08-03 19.01.54.png
Screenshot 2018-08-03 19.01.54.png (139.44 KiB) Viewed 278 times

User avatar
forum_adm
Site Admin
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:41 am
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Contact:

Re: Problems with "Auto Convert"

Post by forum_adm » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:27 pm

Dear Wolfgang,

please download the latest BETA:

http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html

I found a possible issue in autoconvert.

What happens with the latest BETA on your machine?

Please e-mail the log (which is displayed in auto convert) for further testing.

Best wishes
Thorsten

ebussinetz
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:57 pm
Country: Germany

Re: Problems with "Auto Convert"

Post by ebussinetz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:07 am

Hi Thorsten,

thank you! I did test ist and Grapicconverter did convert all images but after approximately 150 images it was getting very slow. Then I moved the Images to another place and then back to the source folder and it was faster at the beginning but later slow again.

Regards
Wolfgang

User avatar
forum_adm
Site Admin
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:41 am
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Contact:

Re: Problems with "Auto Convert"

Post by forum_adm » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:42 pm

What says the memory usage in the activity monitor?

ebussinetz
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:57 pm
Country: Germany

Re: Problems with "Auto Convert"

Post by ebussinetz » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:32 pm

The memory usage is normal, you can see it in the screeenshot
Remote Desktop Bild 16. August 2018 um 17.23.36 MESZ.jpg
Remote Desktop Bild 16. August 2018 um 17.23.36 MESZ.jpg (114.79 KiB) Viewed 221 times
After 1h there where 750 images of 864 been converted and it stops now.

It is a Mac mini of 2014 with 1TB PCI-SSD and 3GHz Core i7, 16GB RAM.

Thank you
Wolfgang

User avatar
forum_adm
Site Admin
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:41 am
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Contact:

Re: Problems with "Auto Convert"

Post by forum_adm » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:52 pm

What says the log file?

ebussinetz
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:57 pm
Country: Germany

Re: Problems with "Auto Convert"

Post by ebussinetz » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:56 am

This I found in the System.log, but from today, the last Auto Convert was yesterday ...:
Aug 17 08:07:52 FileMaker-Server-2018 GraphicConverter 10[60208]: assertion failed: 17G65: libxpc.dylib + 75013 [0BC7AD67-671D-31D4-8B88-C317B8379598]: 0x89
Aug 17 08:08:12 FileMaker-Server-2018 GraphicConverter 10[60208]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[mach_recv] monitored resource vanished before the source cancel handler was invoked
Aug 17 08:08:33 FileMaker-Server-2018 GraphicConverter 10[60208]: objc[60208]: Class FIFinderSyncExtensionHost is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Versions/A/FinderKit (0x7fff8eb2cc90) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FileProvider.framework/OverrideBundles/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride.bundle/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride (0x10df39cd8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

User avatar
forum_adm
Site Admin
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:41 am
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Contact:

Re: Problems with "Auto Convert"

Post by forum_adm » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:09 pm

I mean the log from the autoconvert window.

Post Reply