[Solved] moving the sheet of paper...

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
rootveg

[Solved] moving the sheet of paper...

Post by rootveg »

I have a DXF file. I can zoom in once using the "zoom all" button. But I need to zoom in more to really see the inside of the buildings. Using the "zoom in" function with Command Plus gets me closer, but now I'm zooming in going to the right and my building shifts to the left out of my sight. So now I zoom in on my background.

I tried using the "move object" hand but that didn't work. I wanted to center the drawing so that when I zoom in more I can see inside one of the four buildings. I tried to use the Group command but that didn't work at either.

Any ideas?

Thanks
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: moving the sheet of paper...

Post by forum_adm »

Just press and hold the alt/option key. Press and hold the mouse button and you can draw a red rectangle.
This is the area which will be zoomed upon release of the mouse button.

Thorsten
Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 15.57.43.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 15.57.43.jpg (123.9 KiB) Viewed 3791 times
rootveg

Re: [Solved] moving the sheet of paper...

Post by rootveg »

I found a small tidbit in the "CADintosh Introduction" pdf file on page 5 in the upper half of the page. By pressing and holding the ALT key, I can easily "zoom in" and "zoom out" with the scroll wheel of the mouse. CADintosh will "zoom in" or "zoom out" based on where the cursor is located. While it is not like using the "hand" to "move or shift the view" of the drawing on the paper; this options gives me enough control over my drawing so I can get where I need to in the drawing.