[Closed] Questions

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
rogier

[Closed] Questions

Post by rogier »

Greetings,

I have some questions re the use of CADintosh.

1. What is a group and why would I want to create one?
2. The program supports symbols which appear to be "more complex drawing components". I cannot seem to create them. Do they relate to groups?
3. There appears to be no copy/paste facility. Why not?

Many thanks for any insights.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Questions

Post by forum_adm »

Hi,

1) Groups are used to combine elements. So, you can i.e. move, rotate or stretch all of them with selecting only one.

2) Just use the Symbol menu. Select symbol from window. Click, hold and make the selection. Follow the instructions in the command line.

3) CADintosh is a construction application. So, copy and paste is not very useful.

Thorsten
rogier

Re: Questions

Post by rogier »

Thanks for the reply.

Re 1: Clear.

Re 2: I got it working. Great feature.

Re 3: I beg to differ. I just finished a rather complex construction layout drawing using CADintosh. This included detailed drawings of windows and doors, to be sent to the manufacturer. Having a copy/paste feature would have been rather handy. As a workaround I used the Symbol feature but you have to go through the various prompts in the command line which make it a bit of a pain. And you end up with all these symbols. Just as a comparison I tried making a window drawing in QCAD (which has a copy/paste feature) and it was noticeably quicker to do.