Having trouble recognizing lines

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo cadintoshmac group after the port.
jklingel8

Having trouble recognizing lines

Post by jklingel8 »

Cadintosh 7.0.5b2, OS Lion. This has happened several times in the last month and it mystifies me. I'll be working away and draw a line parallel to another, or try to, and start getting weird behavior. The Hand tool won't recognize the newly created line (won't highlight), and the cutting tool will not cut it, but rather extend the line across the "knife". Often, too, if I use the Draw a Line from a Point tool, like at 90 degrees and 1 foot long, the line is drawn but nothing will recognize that line; I can't draw a line parallel to it, and I can't use it to cut of a newly created line perpendicular to it. I'll fart around a while, using different tools to get done what I need to, then suddenly everything works just fine (I usually have to delete the "problem lines" and re-create them later.) WTH here? Anyone know what is going on? Thanks. john
thorstenlemke

Re: Having trouble recognizing lines

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,Can I get such a problem drawing?Thorsten > Von: jklingel8 <jolinak@gci.net>> Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Datum: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 00:45:18 -0000> An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Betreff: [cadintoshmac] Having trouble recognizing lines> > Cadintosh 7.0.5b2, OS Lion. This has happened several times in the last month> and it mystifies me. I'll be working away and draw a line parallel to another,> or try to, and start getting weird behavior. The Hand tool won't recognize the> newly created line (won't highlight), and the cutting tool will not cut it,> but rather extend the line across the "knife". Often, too, if I use the Draw a> Line from a Point tool, like at 90 degrees and 1 foot long, the line is drawn> but nothing will recognize that line; I can't draw a line parallel to it, and> I can't use it to cut of a newly created line perpendicular to it. I'll fart> around a while, using different tools to get done what I need to, then> suddenly everything works just fine (I usually have to delete the "problem> lines" and re-create them later.) WTH here? Anyone know what is going on?> Thanks. john>
john klingel

Post by john klingel »

Thorsten: Thank you. I have attached the file. The problem last occurred when I was making the garage doors in layer 10. It was very strange, as I'd made many parallel lines and suddenly things went South. The vertical lines on the inside of the garage walls (18" high, marking the end of the garage wall and beginning of the opening) are the ones that would not get recognized by any of the tools once they were made. After I fought with things and eventually won, I'd go to other areas and draw parallel lines again w/out any fuss. I did NOT go back to the "problem lines" to see if they worked properly. On a second drawing, I had similar issues, again sporadically. john
thorstenlemke

Re: Having trouble recognizing lines [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello John,Ah - that is an endless line. We will look at it. There seems to be a bugafter the c port.Thorsten > Von: john klingel <jolinak@gci.net>> Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Datum: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 23:01:22 -0900> An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Betreff: Re: [cadintoshmac] Having trouble recognizing lines [1 Attachment]> > Thorsten: Thank you. I have attached the file. The problem last occurred when> I was making the garage doors in layer 10. It was very strange, as I'd made> many parallel lines and suddenly things went South. The vertical lines on the> inside of the garage walls (18" high, marking the end of the garage wall and> beginning of the opening) are the ones that would not get recognized by any of> the tools once they were made. After I fought with things and eventually won,> I'd go to other areas and draw parallel lines again w/out any fuss. I did NOT> go back to the "problem lines" to see if they worked properly.> On a second drawing, I had similar issues, again sporadically. john> > > > > €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€> On Jan 29, 2012, at 10:34 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:> >> Hello,>> >> Can I get such a problem drawing?>> >> Thorsten>> >>> Von: jklingel8 <jolinak@gci.net>>>> Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>>>> Datum: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 00:45:18 -0000>>> An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>>>> Betreff: [cadintoshmac] Having trouble recognizing lines>>> >>> Cadintosh 7.0.5b2, OS Lion. This has happened several times in the last>>> month>>> and it mystifies me. I'll be working away and draw a line parallel to>>> another,>>> or try to, and start getting weird behavior. The Hand tool won't recognize>>> the>>> newly created line (won't highlight), and the cutting tool will not cut it,>>> but rather extend the line across the "knife". Often, too, if I use the Draw>>> a>>> Line from a Point tool, like at 90 degrees and 1 foot long, the line is>>> drawn>>> but nothing will recognize that line; I can't draw a line parallel to it,>>> and>>> I can't use it to cut of a newly created line perpendicular to it. I'll fart>>> around a while, using different tools to get done what I need to, then>>> suddenly everything works just fine (I usually have to delete the "problem>>> lines" and re-create them later.) WTH here? Anyone know what is going on?>>> Thanks. john>>> >> >> > > > > > > > john klingel> fairbanks, alaska> >
john klingel

Post by john klingel »

Thorsten: The lines are not endless on my screen, but rather appear just fine. Another thing that happens is when I click on a line and it does not highlight, a small section of it will temporarily highlight (only when I click). Anyway, good luck, and thanks again. john On Jan 29, 2012, at 11:13 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:  Hello John,Ah - that is an endless line. We will look at it. There seems to be a bugafter the c port.Thorsten> Von: john klingel <jolinak@gci.net>> Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Datum: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 23:01:22 -0900> An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>> Betreff: Re: [cadintoshmac] Having trouble recognizing lines [1 Attachment]> > Thorsten: Thank you. I have attached the file. The problem last occurred when> I was making the garage doors in layer 10. It was very strange, as I'd made> many parallel lines and suddenly things went South. The vertical lines on the> inside of the garage walls (18" high, marking the end of the garage wall and> beginning of the opening) are the ones that would not get recognized by any of> the tools once they were made. After I fought with things and eventually won,> I'd go to other areas and draw parallel lines again w/out any fuss. I did NOT> go back to the "problem lines" to see if they worked properly.> On a second drawing, I had similar issues, again sporadically. john> > > > > > On Jan 29, 2012, at 10:34 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:> >> Hello,>> >> Can I get such a problem drawing?>> >> Thorsten>> >>> Von: jklingel8 <jolinak@gci.net>>>> Antworten an: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>>>> Datum: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 00:45:18 -0000>>> An: <cadintoshmac@yahoogroups.com>>>> Betreff: [cadintoshmac] Having trouble recognizing lines>>> >>> Cadintosh 7.0.5b2, OS Lion. This has happened several times in the last>>> month>>> and it mystifies me. I'll be working away and draw a line parallel to>>> another,>>> or try to, and start getting weird behavior. The Hand tool won't recognize>>> the>>> newly created line (won't highlight), and the cutting tool will not cut it,>>> but rather extend the line across the "knife". Often, too, if I use the Draw>>> a>>> Line from a Point tool, like at 90 degrees and 1 foot long, the line is>>> drawn>>> but nothing will recognize that line; I can't draw a line parallel to it,>>> and>>> I can't use it to cut of a newly created line perpendicular to it. I'll fart>>> around a while, using different tools to get done what I need to, then>>> suddenly everything works just fine (I usually have to delete the "problem>>> lines" and re-create them later.) WTH here? Anyone know what is going on?>>> Thanks. john>>> >> >> > > > > > > > john klingel> fairbanks, alaska> > john klingelfairbanks, alaska