[Closed] SmugMug Integration

The right place to speak and share about your experiences of GraphicConverter
comccoy

[Closed] SmugMug Integration

Post by comccoy »

Is there a way for me to do SmugMug integration like you have for Flickr?
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: SmugMug Integration

Post by forum_adm »

Hi,

sorry, no.

I or you have to build an SDK to access their service. I can e-mail a template framework.

Thorsten
comccoy

Post by comccoy »

I am not a programmer by trade but I am very familiar with scripting languages and have done some work with integrating with REST APIs as a systems engineer. Perhaps I could get a good start on trying to map what needs to be called in the API and then you could polish it up.

I am really keen on getting this work as I scan and archive 130 years of my family's photos and get them up on smugmug. Right now I am doing most of the work locally with Graphicconverter but when I upload and need to tweak the pictures it is a laborious manual process.
comccoy

Post by comccoy »

I took a look and though I can kinda see how the Flickr API is being used, I am out of my depth. If you decided to add this feature I can test for you, I can likely dig up specific API calls you might need to do to get albums, folder etc. However the learning curve of Xcode and figuring our what API calls are bing made where etc is just much too steep for me.

Smugmug does own Flickr now and they will list your app if it uses their API so maybe that would drive up some sales and make it worth your time. :)
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Many thanks for checking and your offer.