[Closed] GC 10.7.4 at Mac OS Big Sur: BROWSER does not work any more

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
Frosch

[Closed] GC 10.7.4 at Mac OS Big Sur: BROWSER does not work any more

Post by Frosch »

Hi all,

I have installed GC 10.7.4 on a Mac (Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1). If I want to open the Browser in GC a message appears that GC needs "Full Disk Access". I have allowed full disk access for GC in the general settings, turned off the Mac and restarted it then again.

After restarting GC (after the Mac restart) I wanted to open the BROWSER - however, the same message showed up ("full disk access required"). I the pressed "allow access" (the alternative was the button "later") - having pressed "allow access" a window opened, in which I could choose the folder in which the photos are located. After clicking on this folder - NOTHING happened :( Only the window with the folder-selection disappears, but the browser does not open.

On the other hand I can open single photos, however it is not any more possible to work with the BROWSER function.

Is this problem known? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance for any support and best regards,

Frosch
macvf

Re: GC 10.7.4 at Mac OS Big Sur: BROWSER does not work any more

Post by macvf »

Hello Frosch,

Try to give full disk access from the System prefs > Security and Confidentiality > Confidentiality search for the Full disk access item, select it and then check GraphicConverter and try again.

GC10 is not working properly with macOS Big Sur (11), several people have reported problem in various area of GC10 with macOS 11 (Big Sur). This is due to several macOS changes. So you should consider an upgrade to GC11 in order to work properly under macOS Big Sur if the above doesn't work.
Philippe

French GraphicConverter localizer since 1994
Mac V.F. manager
French GraphicConverter forum administrator
English GraphicConverter forum administrator
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: GC 10.7.4 at Mac OS Big Sur: BROWSER does not work any more

Post by forum_adm »

GraphicConverter 10 is not compatible with Big Sur due the many Apple changes.

Please upgrade to the current version 11.

The system compatibility for all versions is listed onto our download page:
https://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/gr ... /download/