[Fixed] Forum search doesn't work for me

The right place to ask questions, make suggestions and complains about the forum !
porg

Re: Forum search doesn't work for me

Post by porg »

Nice! Now my search for file suffix yields far more relevant results!

Glad that my initiative was appreciated and instantly implemented.

I truly believe this can influence the forum experience into a positive direction!
porg

Post by porg »

@QuantumPanda, do you now get more relevant search results?
porg

Post by porg »

Oh sigh... The merciless high treshhold is active again. Maybe you activated it again? Or your forum/webserver auto-reset after midnight?

For the specific enough query "quality preview" I again get rejected:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: quality preview.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
So I will post my bug report before first searching. Sorry.
porg

Post by porg »

My workaround is to search at Google with my search parameters as I am used to combined with inurl:lemkesoft.info/forum/ like for posts containing all of the words preview before after
porg

Post by porg »

Out of curiosity: Have you reset the treshhold? Maybe due to performance/stability issues? Or has the forum/webserver reset it automatically (somehow realistic assumption b/c I experienced this sightly after midnight)?
porg

Post by porg »

Forum search is still with this de facto useless restriction, which you once managed to remove.

A pity that all the collective wisdom remains inaccessible.

That way some questions come again and again, although they already might have been answered.
porg

Post by porg »

@forum_adm switched the search method to mySQL on 2022-12-23 and now it finally works fine!

- It's fast!
- Does not falsely qualify almost any normal word as an invalid stop word, which was the case so far.
- It also finds very short words, e.g. "jpg" or "png", which is often a valid search term on its own or an important distinguisher!
- And also the search scope now works fine, e.g. full text search vs. only search in the title.

👍 Finally! Hurray!
🚀 Happy new year!
porg

Post by porg »

@forum_adm: As I did not start that thread, I cannot change the initial title. Please change it to [Fixed]. Thanks!