[Solved] Converting "zif" files (Zoomify) to JPG - multiples?

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
steve02476

[Solved] Converting "zif" files (Zoomify) to JPG - multiples?

Post by steve02476 »

Hi, I have a bunch of .zif files that I want to convert to JPG.

I don't know a ton about the zif files, they are created by an app called Zoomify ( http://www.zoomify.com/ ) that is used for easily dealing with high-res images that are to be zoomed and panned on web pages. I believe the .zif format is really a type of tiff. I *think* what is going on in the .zif format is that there are multiple versions of each image - a high res version and several lower-res versions - so when the image is first shown, only the lowest-res version is displayed allowing it to be fast, and when one zooms or pans on the web page the server does some trickery so that only the portion of the image you're looking at is transmitted, so much faster than just sending the entire hi=res to the user's browser. (Side benefit is making it hard for people to download the high-res image if that's a need from the website.)

Anyway, GC is happy to convert ZIF to JPG which is what I want, because we're switching away from using Zoomify and I don't have good access to the original files that were turned into ZIF!

The problem is the output for each ZIF file is several JPGs with various resolutions - when converting GC says "processing page 1 of 6" etc for each image. All the output JPGs look ok to me, but I have no need for the lowres ones, only the full resolution.

Is there a way to get GC to convert ZIF to JPG and only give me a single output file, the full res image?

Thanks!
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Converting "zif" files (Zoomify) to JPG - multiples?

Post by forum_adm »

Please email a sample zip to support@lemkesoft.com
steve02476

Post by steve02476 »

Just mailed it off. This is not a crucial situation, just want to know if there's something I can do. thanks.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Please download the latest BETA:

http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html

I added a preferences panel for this case.

Thorsten
Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 11.44.07.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 11.44.07.jpg (156.63 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
steve02476

Re: [Solved] Converting "zif" files (Zoomify) to JPG - multiples?

Post by steve02476 »

I tried the beta version and it seemed to work fine, thanks!