[Solved] No face/regions rectangles displayed

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
Snellius

[Solved] No face/regions rectangles displayed

Post by Snellius »

Hello, I am new in using Graphic converter, at this moment trying out its usage to integrate in an image database.
Currently I am identifying faces in pictures, the faces are being added to the metadata in the pictures. Until now the rectangles with the faces I tagged were visible in the picture (from within GC). But since some days the rectangles are not shown anymore. The metadata are there however. And if I try to tag a new face at (approx) the same spot with the same name I get this messge 'Already exists, only one region will be added ' (or something like that).
I noticed the setting 'Display XMP Faces/regions' and I have turned it off and on again, nothing happens :-(

Maybe I am not aware of how the faces database works, should I rebuild the database?
One thing more: if I tell GC to identify faces in a picture (with the metadata already there, but without the rectangles) it says that some faces have been recognised and then some of the rectangles are shown, but not all

Anyone knows what I should do?
And...is there a good manual about the face recognition and how to use the faces database. The GC manual is good, but I feel there is some general information about the way the database works, missing

Thanks for any advice
Snellius
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: No face/regions rectangles displayed

Post by forum_adm »

Hi,

please check the faces menu. Is the item "Display XMP Faces" checked?

Thorsten
Snellius

Post by Snellius »

Yes, I checked this and double-checked this, no rectangles ....
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Please email a sample image with metadata zipped to support@lemkesoft.de