[Solved] Evaluating and have some problems/questions

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
marjue

[Solved] Evaluating and have some problems/questions

Post by marjue »

Hello

I'm evaluating GC at the moment. On Windows I have used Zoner for managing my pictures. This software ist the first serious candidate which may follow it on my new Mac.

- While testing I recognized that the picture preview or the thumbnails in the browser are not color-managed and I cant't find where to activate it. Is it possible? When not its's not a big deal because its working well when the picture is opened in a separate window or the slideshow.

- When I have a picture opened in a separate window and use the next-picture-button the window will jump in the upper screen corner and then to the next screen until there is no screen left or right. The direction of these jumps depends on initial placement of the window. It does not make a difference using the button, hotkey or menu. Funny effect but useless ;). Maybe this bug is already known!?

- Is there a way to start a slideshow when I have opened a picture in a window via finder "open with ... graphics converter" for the pictures in the folder next to the viewed one?

I use Monterey 12.1 on an M1 Macbook Pro

Greetings
Marcus
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Evaluating and have some problems/questions

Post by forum_adm »

Hi,

1)
I will check the color-management of the thumbnails. Normally profiles are applied.

2)
Simple activate the following prefs:
Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 14.512.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 14.512.jpg (323 KiB) Viewed 2305 times
Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 14.51.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 14.51.jpg (265.19 KiB) Viewed 2305 times
3)
Starting a slideshow from an open image is not supported, yet. How should it work? Show all images in the folder starting from that image?

Thorsten
Fotokunst

Post by Fotokunst »

Hi,

3)
Starting a slideshow in Finder

Screenshot 2021-12-30 at 19.33.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-30 at 19.33.jpg (153.51 KiB) Viewed 2286 times

Joerg
marjue

Post by marjue »

Hello Thorsten

Thank you for the quick reply and hints. I will test them tomorrow.
3)
Starting a slideshow from an open image is not supported, yet. How should it work? Show all images in the folder starting from that image?
Yes, start with the actual displayed image in the parent directory. And then display all pictures in this directory by the actual order of the browser.

Bye
Marcus
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Hi Marcus,

3) I rechecked it here.
Selecting a single image and using the context menu command "Show in Slideshow" starts a slideshow of that folder beginning with that file.
What is the exact problem here?

Thorsten
marjue

Post by marjue »

Hello Torsten

Thank you for the hint with the context menu. It was not activated yet. It's a good workaround to start a slideshow immediately without having to go to the browser and selecting the wanted directory.
Really good support.

Bye
Marcus
marjue

Post by marjue »

Hello Thorsten

Sorry but the solution with the context-menu is not so good as I thought.
The playback order seams to be random. It's not the same as the sort order in finder and not the same as in the GC browser.
It changes every time it is started except the first image. I can't find a way to change this.

When I use the slideshow entry in the services submenu instead the playback order is the same as the finder sort order. It's a little inconsistent.

It's not a showstopper because I have already purchased GC (It's a really a very good tool and the direct contact to the developer is a good thing). But maybe you think again about the suggestion to add a slideshow-butten to the viewer/editor window.

screenshot1.jpg
screenshot1.jpg (339.88 KiB) Viewed 2244 times

Greetings
Marcus
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Hi Marcus,

thanks for your note. You are correct one entry launches a random and the other a sorted slideshow.
I fixed that now:
http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html

The slideshow uses the sort order from the default slideshow settings: File/Slideshow/Launch…

Thorsten
marjue

Post by marjue »

Hello Thorsten

Thank you for that qick fix. It's much clearer now.

I found another inconsistence. Again not a big deal ;-)

In my slideshow preferences (slideshow -> general-more ) I've chosen fullscreen and screen 2 (not the main screen). When I start the slideshow with this setting it starts on the second screen but the menubar and the dock will not disappear. They overlap the image. When I choose the main screen everything is ok.
This behavior changes when I move the dock to the second screen. Then the presentation on the second is ok but not on the main screen.

And here you can see a screenshot of the color-management problem in the browser where profiles are not honored as mentioned earlier. The left one is in Adobe-RGB and the right one is sRGB. All three color patches are 255,0,0 0,255,0 and 0,0,255.

cm-argb1.jpg
cm-argb1.jpg (300.08 KiB) Viewed 2217 times

Bye
Marcus
Attachments
FarbTest.zip
(18.48 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Fotokunst

Post by Fotokunst »

Hi Marcus,

I use Graphicconverter for many years.
The color-management of the thumbnails in the browser is present.
On my display its OK, no difference.

Now I checked it with your files.
Adobe RGB thumbnail and the colors in the open window are the same.
sRGB thumbnail and the colors in the open window are OK.

Joerg