Printing

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
GwentLarry

Printing

Post by GwentLarry »

macOS 12.2
iCalamus 2,24
Epson 2650 printer

Just to first say, iCalamus is looking pretty good. I've only just started exploring what it can do but impressed so far.

So, I'm working on a booklet. For the moment, A5 size pages, and I'm trying to print 2 x A5 pages on to A4 paper.

Sort of works but the nominal A5 page is shrunk - all bleeds set to 0.00 mm.

However, if I export to PDF, either from the print dialogue or directly from the export command, the pages are the right size.

So is iCalamus transferring the wrong page size to the printer?
Larry Stoter
GC12 and MacOS Ventura 13.2
GwentLarry

Re: Printing

Post by GwentLarry »

Sorry - although in the Adobe Acrobat Reader for PDFs it looks as though it will print correctly, when I actually print, the A5 pages are also shrunk.

So, in iCalamus, printing 1 x A5 page per per A4 sheet of paper, they are the correct size. Printing 2 x A5 pages per A4 sheet shrinks the A5 pages. There is no bleed set and I have tried also reducing the page sizes by about 5% in case there is someting outside the pages I can't see. Same thing happens.

However, if I recreate the 2 x A5 pages in the Apple Pages app, I can print 2 xA pages on a single sheet of A4.

Thanks,
Larry Stoter

Printing A5.JPG
Printing A5.JPG (474.25 KiB) Viewed 874 times
Larry Stoter
GC12 and MacOS Ventura 13.2