I am currently using the trial version to evaluate whether Graphic Converter suits me and my intended applications.
My compliments: I used Graphic Converter in the late 1990ies, and then not for over 20 years. Already back then a highly sophisticated and powerful software. Now coming back, I see a lot of contemporary functionality (cloud drives, AI stuff like face detection, etc) got integrated. Wow!
My specific problem
- In the Browser in all views I cannot tell at a glance which item is of what file-type (JPG, PNG, WEP, …).
- Only for the selected file the "Image" tab in the "Preview" panel shows me the attribute "File Format:" and the value of it (JPEG, PNG, …).
- It is crucially important for me to tell files apart at first glance. Especially if I do format conversions into the source folder. To not confuse original and conversion, and wasting a lot of time with guesswork, or a lot of consecutive "click then look at side-panel".
- In the List view Graphic Converter shows all kinds of image attributes (creation date, modification date, image dimensions, file size, etc) but not the file type. If you have extensions hidden, you cannot know which file is of what type.
- Main menu > View --> No ad-hoc options which image attributes to show/hide
- Context menu --> No ad-hoc options which image attributes to show/hide
- Preferences -> Browser --> "Thumbnail Metadata" allows which attributes to show, but file type is not among them. And there is no section in the preferences for "List View".