Move image stripe (column or row) seamlessly on the fly in special drag-n-drop mode

Want to submit a new feature, an enhancement ? Do it here !
porg

Move image stripe (column or row) seamlessly on the fly in special drag-n-drop mode

Post by porg »

THIS IS A FOLLOWUP

- Smart Cut and Smart Paste via menu/shortcut (=proposal 1) was implemented in GC 11.6 beta build 5477
- Maybe you want to implement the more vivid and dynamic proposal 2, Smart Cut/Paste by dragging selection stripe

MEANWHILE
1) Made a mockup design and created a demo video of how this would work in TechSmith's Snagit:

Watch mockup demo on Youtube

2) Found a way to integrate that idea I developed for Snagit also cleanly and consistently into your GraphicConverter:

- Either by modifier key (not too many left…)
- And/or by using: Menu > Edit > Copy > Behavior: Add a new mode "Move Selection Stripe" to the section:

GraphicConverter 11 Move Selection Stripe.png
GraphicConverter 11 Move Selection Stripe.png (414.69 KiB) Viewed 1373 times

CONSIDERATIONS
- For photographic content it is mostly useless
- Except for copying a fully opaque watermark stripe from one side to the other
- For line art or screenshots, mockups, software documentation this has more potential

@users:
- What do you think of this feature proposal?
- Would that help you? In what use cases?

@lemkesoft:
- What's your take on it?
Attachments
Operate on entire strips in bitmap images seamlessly.jpg
Operate on entire strips in bitmap images seamlessly.jpg (248.85 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
porg

Re: Move image stripe (column or row) seamlessly on the fly in special drag-n-drop mode

Post by porg »

@forum_adm I never got a reaction. How would you like this feature?
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Move image stripe (column or row) seamlessly on the fly in special drag-n-drop mode

Post by forum_adm »

Yes, I like the features.

But there are still many other items with a higher priority onto my todo list.
porg

Post by porg »

Great. Just wanted to know whether you like it at all. Realization is another topic ofc.

Now I know at least that you noted the proposal, into which I had put quite some effort.