[Solved] Disable Auto-Reposition of Windows

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
thekaj

[Solved] Disable Auto-Reposition of Windows

Post by thekaj »

I tried to search the forum for an answer to this, so hopefully I'm not repeating an existing post. I frequently will have several images open and will be copying and pasting bits into a new image window. I'll try to position the windows to make things more efficient, but when I do anything new in that window (copy something in, click the image elsewhere to de-select the new item, etc.) GraphicConverter will reposition the window to the top left corner. The fun part is if I grab it and move it back in the first few seconds, it will reposition it BACK to the top left corner.

I'd love to have it stop doing this, but I'm not sure where that setting is. I thought it was under General, Display Windows, and Reposition. But I've selected "Never" and it still keeps doing it. I'm assuming there's another setting elsewhere, but I've gone through all of them and none seem to match the behavior.

I've used GC for a long time, and this has only started happening recently. Unfortunately, I don't recall which version, but definitely sometime in versions 11.X.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Disable Auto-Reposition of Windows

Post by forum_adm »

Just set this option to never:
Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 08.21.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 08.21.jpg (521.04 KiB) Viewed 734 times
thekaj

Post by thekaj »

Unfortunately, I've done that, but it seems to be ignoring it. I suppose I could switch the "Position on Screen" to Centered, since at least that's usually where I put the image I'm editing.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 11.13.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 11.13.05 AM.png (385.09 KiB) Viewed 727 times
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

New windows are normally placed at the top left of the screen.

You can select retain window position if any new window should be placed at the same position.