[Solved] Why are movies being imported with timestamp off by 12 hours?

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
SkiAddict1

[Solved] Why are movies being imported with timestamp off by 12 hours?

Post by SkiAddict1 »

Greetings all,

I've been a user of GraphicConverter for well over a decade now, until recently on my old MacBook Pro. Upgraded to a newer MacBook Pro (running Monterey) and running GC 11.5.4 on it (yes, I know it's not the latest and greatest, but as a retired software engineer, I prefer the old known bugs to the new exciting ones ;) ).

Importing photos from my camera is fine and works perfectly. Importing movies from it is another story. They import fine, but they all come in with a timestamp that is 12 hours in the past from when it should be.

This is clearly some problem in the GC browser, since if I insert the SD card into my USB hub (thus enabling me to look at the files both in the Finder and in the GC browser), I see the wrong timestamp in GC but the correct one in the Finder.

Also: the GC 9.7.5 browser on my old machine (running El Capitan) also shows the correct timestamp.

It's only GC on my new machine that gets it wrong.

Can some kind soul please point me in the direction of a solution? Many thanks! :D
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Why are movies being imported with timestamp off by 12 hours?

Post by forum_adm »

Some movies use UTC as time zone (like the iPhone) and some the local time.

You can select the behavior in the prefs:
Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 07.14.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 07.14.jpg (244.24 KiB) Viewed 550 times
Just select refresh after that in the context menu of the browser.
SkiAddict1

Re: Why are movies being imported with timestamp off by 12 hours?

Post by SkiAddict1 »

Brilliant! Thanks so much :)