Preferences > Convert > General > Section Convert & Modfiy: Don't copy folder structure
Use Case 1: The preference is properly respected if Convert & Modify's "From:" panel (the center vertical panel) is navigated to a particular folder and there you select a bunch of folders as the source and then press "Start selected Function (⌘⏎) ."
Use Case 2: Doesn't work with drop area as the source
1) Open a GraphicConverter browser window.
2) Show the Drop Area (bottom panel).
3) Drop multiple files from different parent folders there.
4) Right-click anywhere in the drop area. In the context menu click "Open in Convert & Modify".
5) The Convert & Modify window opens. Press "Start selected Function (⌘⏎) ."
Result: The files are copied together flat regardless whether "Don't copy folder structure" is ON or OFF.
1) Not the main issue, but nevertheless, first let's fix some wording:
Preferences > Convert > General > Section Convert & Modfiy: Rename all options into a "positive verbal form":
• Activities not as nouns but really as verbs (a frequent usability problem in German, English tends to a verbal form for labels anyhow)
• In a positive form because that is far easier to comprehend in combination with the boolean checkbox. Some users struggle with double negations (Not Don't create…")
• So our label should be simply "Copy folder structure" and ON by default. Without the double negation pitfall it is much easier to comprehend and to talk/write about it, e.g. here on this forum.
2) Now the real issue:
If "Copy folder structure" is ON and the source is "Drop Area" then folders should be re-created up until their common root.
Result with "Copy folder structure" ON:
Explanation: "/Users/jondoe/" is their common root folder. Hence all folder below that got re-created.
Result with "Copy folder structure" OFF:
Explanation: All files merged together flat at the destination.
Want to submit a new feature, an enhancement ? Do it here !
1 post • Page 1 of 1