[Added] Smart Cut / Copy / Insert - Last interaction perfections

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
porg

[Added] Smart Cut / Copy / Insert - Last interaction perfections

Post by porg »

When you smart paste (⌘ ⇧ V) the selection remains active.
✅ This makes sense. Just paste the column/row another time… another time… etc.

When you smart cut (⌘ ⇧ X) or smart insert (⌘ ⇧ I) the program deselects.
👉 I propose to maintain the selection also after a smart cut and also after a smart insert.

Design Rationale:

For a normal Cut (⌘ X) operation it makes kinda sense to automatically deselect as it's unlikely that any selection-specific action follows.
1) If you wanted to do a color-bucket, you could have simply just filled over the selection, no need to first delete it.
2) And anything else: Very unlikly as all pixels were cleared.

But for smart cut it is possible that you want to continue with the selection with any of the following scenarios:
1) Either just trigger another smart cut or 2 or 3… with the same dimension, not intended for pasting but to dispose off. "Cut out a column. Hmm. Another column. Hmm. One more."
2) You want to manipulate the new content which slid in (from right of the column, or below the row). A possibility which is not given normal cut. But very well makes sense for smart cut. I.e. apply a filter or tinting right away on a selection of the same size.

And for Smart Insert the rationale is simple: Insert a little more… A little more... a little more… (with whatever content filling method chosen)
porg

Re: Smart Cut / Copy / Insert - Last interaction perfections

Post by porg »

@forum_adm : This last polishing is missing when using this feature I have to admit. Would appreciate it. Do you want to complete this last polishing?
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Smart Cut / Copy / Insert - Last interaction perfections

Post by forum_adm »

I added it to build 6402:
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 12.51.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 12.51.jpg (54.58 KiB) Viewed 113 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (92.47 KiB) Viewed 113 times