[Answered] How to SHARPEN in a batch similar to the option in the "Save for Web" dialog?

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
porg

[Answered] How to SHARPEN in a batch similar to the option in the "Save for Web" dialog?

Post by porg »

I like the "Sharpen" option in the "Save For Web" dialog.
Is there a batch action which has exactly the same behavior (a single percentual parameter) and the same outcome?
If combined with a scale action, shall the sharpening occur before or after the scaling, or maybe even both?
My observation: In the "Save for Web" dialog, first come the Scale options, then the Sharpen options. Maybe that resembles the processing order.

GraphicConverter How to sharpen in batch.png
GraphicConverter How to sharpen in batch.png (113.47 KiB) Viewed 692 times
Last edited by porg on Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: How to SHARPEN in a batch similar to the option in the "Save for Web" dialog?

Post by forum_adm »

Yes, this one with the normal method.
Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 13.40.24.jpg
Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 13.40.24.jpg (65.69 KiB) Viewed 687 times
porg

Re: How to SHARPEN in a batch similar to the option in the "Save for Web" dialog?

Post by porg »

Thanks for the quick answer! Some detail questions:

1) The percentage in the "Sharpen Edges" action is the same as in the Save for Web dialog? or is it on another scale?

2) If having both sharpening and scaling in your batch, shall the sharpening occur before or after the scaling, or maybe even both?
My observation: In the "Save for Web" dialog, first come the Scale options, then the Sharpen options. Maybe just a co-incidence. Or maybe this indeed resembles the actual processing order. Then I guess the same is advised for the batch.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

1) Yes, both use the same scale/percentage.

2) Please scale first and sharpen after that command.
porg

Re: [Answered] How to SHARPEN in a batch similar to the option in the "Save for Web" dialog?

Post by porg »

Thanks! Will do it that way. Marking this issue as [Answered].