[Solved] Allow manually adjusting crop area location/size

Want to submit a new feature, an enhancement ? Do it here !
es

[Solved] Allow manually adjusting crop area location/size

Post by es »

During cropping operations, mouse is perfect for the initial rough selection.
However, it's not so awesome for the subsequent pixel-perfect resizes (say, I'd like to have an exact 40×40px box and selected a 36×56 with a mouse)
It would be great if the crop box had coordinates and size numbers attached to it that you could click on and enter values manually (e.g., two pairs of numbers: coordinates of the left top corner and then a pair of width/height or maybe just all 4 numbers in one place so you don't need to click 2/4 times to edit all of them)
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Allow manually adjusting crop area location/size

Post by forum_adm »

Just use a double click onto the selection tool icon:
Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 06.20.59.jpg
Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 06.20.59.jpg (138.23 KiB) Viewed 749 times
es

Re: [Solved] Allow manually adjusting crop area location/size

Post by es »

Thanks for the tip, but that's an inconvenient UI:
  • I have to double click on a tool that is either invisible (e.g., I use convenient single-key shortcuts for the most common operations and usually don't need a toolbar) or stuck somewhere in the screen corner
  • There is no immediate feedback: I have to confirm all the changes before I see the result, and then I have to double click etc. again
Would you please check out how Snagit screenshot tool does the selection part, it's much better:
  • while you're dragging the selection box with a mouse, you see this great "magnification glass" that helps with selecting precisely on some element border
  • after you've selected with a mouse, the box size numbers are right there below the box
  • changes are realtime, so it's much easier to select exactly what you need
es

Post by es »

Or you could just let the already existing Position Palette stay and allow edits there (so you can edit all the numbers, see the results in realtime and hit Escape to hide it, but then have it reappear if you touch any of the resizing handles)
Attachments
PosPal.png
PosPal.png (455.39 KiB) Viewed 740 times
es

Post by es »

Another suggestion: if I bind selection to ⌃⌥S, can a double-press of this keybind invoke the selection window instead of having to do a double-click on the tool?