[Wontdo] Preview summary add a template language instead of 1 item/line

Want to submit a new feature, an enhancement ? Do it here !
es

[Wontdo] Preview summary add a template language instead of 1 item/line

Post by es »

Currently Preview tabs:
only fit 1 item per line (this is an example of the "Image" tab, but the same holds for "Summary")
Preview tab today: 1 item per line
Preview tab today: 1 item per line
CG1.png (57.84 KiB) Viewed 679 times
This is a bit of a waste of the precious vertical space, also it's too verbose (I don't need the full "pixel" and "Megapixel", "m" is just fine and I know its pixels from context)

Proposed preview tab:
allow a template change not only the number of items (items are the same as currently exist in the Summary tab (General, EXIF, XMP, etc.), though some math functions would also be great to calculate various extra image properties or a bit of extra formatting to remove leading zeros and what not)
Preview tab proposed: custom format
Preview tab proposed: custom format
CG2.png (36.37 KiB) Viewed 679 times
P.S.
Unfortunately, I don't know what the best-in-class solution for these type of UI templating would be, but something like the example above is already much much better.
By the way, in XnViewMP you can also customize mouse tooltips with the same template, so you can see the same info in the tooltips even in crowded browser views without having a perma-info tab taking any space
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Preview summary add a template language instead of 1 item/line

Post by forum_adm »

Please check the summary tab in the browser.
es

Post by es »

As I mention in my post, I already have checked the Summary tab, the attached is a Summary tab example with exactly the same issues I've described in the post: only 1 item per line, no way to customize the name nor the value etc.
Attachments
summary.png
summary.png (40.76 KiB) Viewed 668 times
es

Post by es »

On a more general note, I'd actually prefer to be able to use such templates in all your informational windows
For example, in the Editor Information window, it's such a waste of the precious vertical space to have resolution take the whole line! Same for format/length/etc. I could easily all of this into a less verbose line with more readable icons instead full words!

Ideally if I could click a little "settings" button right in the window and it would show me the template that I could directly edit and see the results... A man can dream :)
Attachments
Inf2.png
Inf2.png (19.04 KiB) Viewed 663 times
Inf.png
Inf.png (29.69 KiB) Viewed 663 times