- "Picture → Colors → RGB (sRGB) → Change to Deep Color (16 Bit per channel, 64 bit)", then
- "Filters → Core Image Filters → Color Adjustment → sRGB Tone Curve to Linear"
and noticed that after the first operation the profile was removed, and the 2nd operation didn't add anything either
But more importantly, even after trying the "Edit → Replace profile without matching" and choosing the "sRGB, Gamma 1.0", then saving the file, I still get no embedded profile, and on reopen it just switches back to "sRGB" (this is defined in the "Open → Color profiles" settings)
So I have a few questions
- Am I correct that GC removes all sRGB-type profiles by default, simply replacing them with a reference?
- Shouldn't the "sRGB Tone Curve to Linear" maybe embed the available in GC profile "sRGB, Gamma 1.0"?
- How to embed an g=1.0 sRGB profile manually into a file?