[Added] Concatenate gets option for gap (transparent or color) and options redesigned

Want to submit a new feature, an enhancement ? Do it here !
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: [Reopened] Concatenate gets option for gap (transparent or color) and options redesigned

Post by forum_adm »

3) Build 6408 adds a separate gap x and y
porg

Re: [Added] Concatenate gets option for gap (transparent or color) and options redesigned

Post by porg »

Ad 2) You still miss my point. My intended goal cannot be achieved with the current options.

What I want:
- Fill all input images into a single output file
- Fill direction: zig-zag left to right, top to bottom.
- Have one dimension set (e.g. I want to be 4 columns wide)
- Have the other dimension infinite (create as many rows as needed for the given input files).
- Hence the idea that a special value (-1 or 0 as "∞" is not possible) can designate one dimension as "infinite" while being able to set the other dimension to a concrete value.

Currently I can only achieve this by manually calculating this per each new instance.

e.g. 12 input files: 12/4 = 3 + remainder 0 → Need to manually set layout to: 4 columns and 3 rows. The last row being completely filled.

e.g. 30 input files: 30/4 = 7 + remainder 2 → Need to manually set layout to: 4 columns and 8 rows, the last row being filled in the leftmost 2 columns.

Ad 3) Tried it. Works 🙂
- The terms horizontal and vertical in combination with layout is sometimes ambiguous.
- Ideally the parameter layout alone already conveys what is what.
- And to achieve almost "feature balance" with the "Collage Editor" please also introduce Canvas Padding, again also at least for upper+lower / left+right, or ideal for all, which in combination with the gaps can help to achieve a certain aspect ratio and grid in the overall composition.

Code: Select all

Per row ↔︎ : Image amount: [    ]  Gap between (px): [    ]
                                                             ☐ Sync
    Per column ↕︎ : Image amount: [    ]  Gap between (px): [    ]

[      ]
Canvas Padding ⌗ :  [     ]  ☐ Sync  [     ]    
                             [      ]