[Solved] Photos Damaged after upgrading to GC 12

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
Kraznov

[Solved] Photos Damaged after upgrading to GC 12

Post by Kraznov »

Hello. On 9 Nov, I upgraded from GC 11 to 12 on Mac Sonoma 14.2.1. Starting on 24 Dec, if I click on a file, it tries to open with GC 11 that is no longer installed. A messages says: “GraphicConverter 11” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “GraphicConverter 11” and download it again from the App Store.” I tried reinstalling and uninstalling GC 11, which did not help.

When I do "open with," it still defaults to GC 11 even though it was deinstalled. And worse, now when I try to “open with” using GC 12, older files that were previously modified with GC 11, I get the following message: ““file.jpg” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.”

With Photoshop and Apple Preview, some files open and some say they are “damaged” files. How can the GC 12 issue be fixed?
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Photos Damaged after upgrading to GC 12

Post by forum_adm »

Hi,

the default open app is a Finder setting.

Just select a file in the Finder. Select "Get File Info" and change the default open with app for all.

GraphicConverter does not modify a file upon opening. So, a file can't be corrupted upon opening. Please email some problem files zipped.

Thorsten
Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 07.34.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 07.34.jpg (140.86 KiB) Viewed 20574 times