Reverse Image Search

The right place to speak and share about your experiences of GraphicConverter
GwentLarry

Reverse Image Search

Post by GwentLarry »

I am in the process of compiling a photobook of family photos from a number of different sources. I have hundreds of photos, mostly B&W, and quite a few are duplicated multiple times. Some duplicates have slightly different aspect ratios, slightly different levels of contrast, etc

I would like to be able to search my GC library of photos on my drive, to identify duplicates, or near duplicates, in much the same way as Google Image Search does for the web.

In browser mode, Edit -> Find Files -> Find Duplicates … sorts of works but doesn't seem to be doing a proper search/comparision, far too fast to my mind. And it doesn't actually find duplicates. If I adjust the slider to Less Image Similarity, it might come up with a few "duplicates", exxept they aren't … Oddly, doing what seem to be the same search but via Control-click on a specific photo works slightly better … ?

I've tried the various options to do this search, none do anything very different.

I'm not sure if I'm just not using this tool correctly or whether the tool isn't capable of doing what I want?

Thanks,

Larry
Larry Stoter
GC12 and MacOS Ventura 13.2
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Reverse Image Search

Post by forum_adm »

The duplicate search works great for identical images and for images which are saved with different scales/resolutions.

It does not work for different aspect ratios, yet.

Can you maybe email sample samples to support@lemkesoft.de ?