Need pdf files with pict preview (In Resourcefork)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
wacky_cyberdude

Need pdf files with pict preview (In Resourcefork)

Post by wacky_cyberdude »

Hello, Tried searching the net for tools but found none, maybe someone can help me out here. We use CREO's Timna@Web solution for putting prepress jobs online for our customers so they can browse and search them with a Webbrowser. All the standard image formats (Tiff, Eps, jpeg.....) have on the mac a preview stored in the resourcefork of the file. TimnaWeb reads this Preview in the resourcefork and uses it as a thumbnail for showing in the browser. PDF files don't have a pict preview in the resource fork (logical for cross platform compatibility), so they won't show with a preview in the browser. I found out that Timna is not that smart, and when I manually paste a PICT Resource in the PDF file with Resedit the preview will show in the browser. So with Photoshop I'll batch process the PDF files to an Image format with a preview, and In Resedit I'll cut the Resources for the preview and paste it in resource of the pdf file with resedit. I want to automate this process so I'm looking for a solution. So I've asked this at Creo to be added in a future version, but if it will happen and when is always a question. so? 1) is there an application which will convert the pdf thumbnail to a pict preview and save it in the resourcefork of the pdf file? 2) I searched also for an applescript solution, but need some script addition to manipulate file resources, does this exist? 3) Can GC help me out here? Thanx Erwin
thorstenlemke

Re: Need pdf files with pict preview (In Resourcefork)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 20.09.2002 10:28 Uhr schrieb "wacky_cyberdude" unter <wacky@xs4all.nl>: > > 1) is there an application which will convert the pdf thumbnail to a > pict preview and save it in the resourcefork of the pdf file? > > 2) I searched also for an applescript solution, but need some script > addition to manipulate file resources, does this exist? > > 3) Can GC help me out here? GraphicConverter 4.5 will open PDF files on MacOS X and later. Please contact us at lemkesoft@aol.com if you want to be a beta tester. Regards Thorsten Lemke