GraphicConverter 4.5b6 released

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

GraphicConverter 4.5b6 released

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released new beta versions today. The url is: http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html I will release the final version around end of October. So, please report a= ny bugs ASAP. The release date depends a bit on my girlfriend. Because I will become fath= er (first time) around October 23. Regards Thorsten Lemke Changes 4.5b6 * rename supports now long filenames * rename can rename the extension depending on the filetype * rename can make filenames unix compatible * make HTML catalog will now default to the HTML format * wrong encoded resolution information in JPEGs will now be detected * psd files with more than 4 channels in a layer will be decoded now correc= tly * JPEGs and TIFFs with EXIF information can be now assigned an sRGB profile if this is defined in the EXIF data stream * the browser can now display EXIF thumbnails * lossless rotation in the browser will now rotate EXIF thumbnails, too * support for import of LZW compressed TIFFs with 16 bit grays with predict= ion added * bug in b/w pbm export fixed * cross fade effect in the slideshow is now selectable * internal changes Changes 4.5b5 * long file name support added for convert * bad resolutions in JPEG files will now be ignored * meta data is now optional in JPEG options * QuickTime effect for the slideshow is now selectable * internal changes Changes 4.5b4 * support for a TIFF variant with ZIP compression added * slideshow fade bug on MacOS 10.2.x fixed * long file name support improved (browser + slideshow) * display bugs with images that are larger than 32000 x 32000 pixels fixed * display bug in movie toolbar fixed * scrollbar bug in slideshow fixed * bug in saving JPEG compressed EPSF files fixed * internal changes Changes 4.5b3 * catalog printing can now add a credit line * fade bug on MacOS 8.x fixed * basic ORF import added * PDF import added * PSD (photoshop) files can now be opened with QuickTime as option, too * Windows icon import improved * bug in printing catalog fixed (if the start page isn´t 1) * support for another DICOM variant added * possible crash during open dialogs fixed * support for plug-ins that are bundle added Changes 4.5b2 * copy command copies now the image as PICT and TIFF to the clipboard. So, = the content will be handled better by COCOA apps * support for the latest TWAIN on 10.1.3 or later added * background and text color in the browser can now be choosen * bug in changing country in IPTC for many files fixed * PNM import bug with non standard files fixed * typing errors fixed * Photoshop layer can now be splitted with the name of the layer * better detection of bad exif dates * fade effect readded to the slideshow * long filenames supported in the folder pane of the browser Changes 4.5b1 * long file name support added to the browser * bug in printing window content fixed * crash during trying to rotate image on write protected medias fixed * export of CISCOIpPhoneImages added * display of comments in the slideshow much improved * other bug fixes Changes 4.5b0 * icns import will now import alpha channel (if available) * bug in align on grid (after zoom) fixed * possible incomplet progress bar fixed * CRW import improved * applescript improved (unsharp mask + set date from file) * index to html catalog added * internet menu for browser added * bug in overwriting files with long filename fixed * rename in convert can now save sets * bug in slideshow on folder pane fixed * option to copy files that can´t be convert added to convert * possible catalog printing bug fixed on 10.2 * CINEON import added * GWorld bug during saving PICTs with QuickTime compression fixed * bug in square selections in the browser on 10.2 fixed * JPEG 2000 export with KDU added * DICOM preferences added * bug in creating new files by applescript on OS X fixed * bug in JPEG 2000 preview dialog fixed * option to save icons without transparency added * Windows ICON import and export improved * RAW export improved (more options) * TIFF 12 bit import added * other bug fixes
iscout

Re: GraphicConverter 4.5b6 released

Post by iscout »

Thorsten, congratulations on becoming a father. Best wishes to you and your girlfriend. Thanks for the new release. I only tested the rename. Convert/Rename When clicking on the top tab (save current settings), just to look and selecting nothing it produces an error -43 Didn't crash the program. I was a bit confused at first on how to use "unix file names" Then I figured out I had to uncheck the default options and select the extension and the unix checkboxes I selected auto detect for the extension and it worked fine with my digi camera JPGs. It was smart enough to not add .JPG if it was already there. It replaces upper ASCII characters with _ If it finds a DOT in the file name the results are somewhat unpredictable. my.house -> my.JPG my.house.here -> my.house.JPG my.house.here.JPG -> my.house.here.JPG d.s.c.n -> d.s.c.n.JPG Batch rename worked fine with subfolders but it doesn't fix folder names. Maybe I am asking too much :-) In the file browser there are two "rename"s That's confusing by itself and also the lower one doesn't seem to do anything, wether I select one or multiple files. Thanks for all your work and have a good time as a new father :-) Marino Father of a 13 year old. --- In graphicconverterforum@y..., "thorstenlemke" <lemkesoft@a...> wrote: > Hello, > > I released new beta versions today. > > The url is: http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html > > I will release the final version around end of October. So, please report a= > ny > bugs ASAP. > > The release date depends a bit on my girlfriend. Because I will become fath= > er > (first time) around October 23. > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke
thorstenlemke

Re: GraphicConverter 4.5b6 released

Post by thorstenlemke »

> Convert/Rename > When clicking on the top tab (save current settings), just to look and > selecting nothing it produces an error -43 > Didn't crash the program. Thanks. This will be fixed in the next beta. > If it finds a DOT in the file name the results are somewhat > unpredictable. > my.house -> my.JPG > my.house.here -> my.house.JPG > my.house.here.JPG -> my.house.here.JPG > d.s.c.n -> d.s.c.n.JPG But how should I know if this is an existing extension or not? Thorsten