Copy-Paste?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Grateful

Copy-Paste?

Post by Grateful »

Hi All, I'm new to this group and I have a ? about GraphicConverter OSX version. In one of my older programs, of a different name, I was able to use a Selection tool and select a piece of whatever in a photo, click copy>paste then drag it to another area and copy>paste again to cover up an area. With GC when I try this the selected area jumps to the side and leaves a blank hole where the selection came from. I'm definitely no pro Graphics person, I'm just trying to find some type of Graphics software that has this feature and doesn't cost a fortune. Is there another technique that is used with GC that performs the same operation? If so, is there a way to feather the edges and control the transparency of a "Selection" with GC. Also is there a "Clone" tool with GC? I really like the wide open interface of GC as compared to Arcsoft Photo Impression and some of the other free junk that comes with various devices. I've used PictureWorks> HotShots for years that came with my Epson 610 scanner but it's unstable with OS9 and will never be ported to OSX, for that matter it's not even supported anymore. Thanks for any help someone might give me, Grateful
thorstenlemke

Re: Copy-Paste?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, you can define the copy/pase behaviour in the prefs part general/edit. > was able to use a Selection tool and select a piece of whatever > in a photo, click copy>paste then drag it to another area and > copy>paste again to cover up an area. With GC when I try this Thorsten Lemke