upgrade pricing

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Frank Taylor

upgrade pricing

Post by Frank Taylor »

Will there be a registration fee for upgrading to v4.5 at the time of final release?
Wil Smith

file size after lossless rotation ?

Post by Wil Smith »

Does anyone know why after doing a rotation (jpeg) in the file browser (with lossless rotation preference checked) that the resulting file is smaller than it originally was? I've noted on a 750MB file that it results in about 40KB less. (it is not related to the resource fork) wil
Philippe Bonnaure

Re: file size after lossless rotation ?

Post by Philippe Bonnaure »

Le 28/10/02 20:35, « Wil Smith » <wils@austin.rr.com> a ecrit : > Does anyone know why after doing a rotation (jpeg) in the file browser (with > lossless rotation preference checked) that the resulting file is smaller > than it originally was? I've noted on a 750MB file that it results in about > 40KB less. (it is not related to the resource fork) > > wil > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > I think this is due to the fact that jpeg rotation is a lossy function, so you have smaller files. Have a look in the prefs I think you have an option to avoid this by checking an option. Philippe
Wil Smith

Re: file size after lossless rotation ?

Post by Wil Smith »

> Le 28/10/02 20:35, « Wil Smith » <wils@austin.rr.com> a ecrit : > >> Does anyone know why after doing a rotation (jpeg) in the file browser (with >> lossless rotation preference checked) that the resulting file is smaller >> than it originally was? I've noted on a 750MB file that it results in about >> 40KB less. (it is not related to the resource fork) >> >> wil >> >> >> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: >> graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com >> >> >> >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ >> >> >> > > I think this is due to the fact that jpeg rotation is a lossy function, so > you have smaller files. Have a look in the prefs I think you have an option > to avoid this by checking an option. > > Philippe yes, as stated in the initial email... the lossless preference is checked. therefore why the smaller file
thorstenlemke

Re: upgrade pricing

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 28.10.2002 20:14 Uhr schrieb "Frank Taylor" unter <frankt@classicnet.net>: > Will there be a registration fee for upgrading to v4.5 at the time > of final release? Hello, yes, there will a an upgrade fee of $15 for all customers that ordered before April 1, 2002. This fee will cover all upcoming versions from 4.5 to 5.x. I think such a fee is acceptable after about 10 years of free updates. I invested a lot of money for the full JPEG 2000 support and the other parts. Regards Thorsten Lemke
David Vaughn

Post by David Vaughn »

Not a problem, is it available yet? DavidVaughn@chartermi.net 1210 W. Oliver St. Owosso, MI 48867 Phone 989-723-2211 > From: lemkesoft@t-online.de > Reply-To: graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com > Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:32:48 +0100 > To: <graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com> > Subject: Re: [graphicconverterforum] upgrade pricing > > Am 28.10.2002 20:14 Uhr schrieb "Frank Taylor" unter > <frankt@classicnet.net>: > >> Will there be a registration fee for upgrading to v4.5 at the time >> of final release? > Hello, > > yes, there will a an upgrade fee of $15 for all customers that ordered > before April 1, 2002. This fee will cover all upcoming versions from 4.5 to > 5.x. > I think such a fee is acceptable after about 10 years of free updates. I > invested a lot of money for the full JPEG 2000 support and the other parts. > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >
Frank Taylor

Post by Frank Taylor »

>Am 28.10.2002 20:14 Uhr schrieb "Frank Taylor" unter ><frankt@classicnet.net>: > >> Will there be a registration fee for upgrading to v4.5 at the time >> of final release? >Hello, > >yes, there will a an upgrade fee of $15 for all customers that ordered >before April 1, 2002. This fee will cover all upcoming versions from 4.5 to >5.x. >I think such a fee is acceptable after about 10 years of free updates. I >invested a lot of money for the full JPEG 2000 support and the other parts. > >Regards >Thorsten Lemke > > I will gladly pay that as soon as it is available. We need you to keep up your excellent work. You are correct that the price is acceptable after all this time. Dare I say that you may actually be under pricing it? There are folks that charge more than $15 just for bug fixes, or for upgrades that introduce bugs. (I won't say the name "Aladdin" - OOPS, I said it !!!) Looking forward to the final release. Frank Taylor
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

> Not a problem, is it available yet? Hello, it will be available on November 1. Thorsten
bobcarrdc

Post by bobcarrdc »

I'll gladly pay any upgrade price, but what is this "ordered by April 1, 2002" stuff? How much is it, if you didn't? Are you a father yet? --- In graphicconverterforum@y..., lemkesoft@t... wrote: > Am 28.10.2002 20:14 Uhr schrieb "Frank Taylor" unter > <frankt@c...>: > > > Will there be a registration fee for upgrading to v4.5 at the time > > of final release? > Hello, > > yes, there will a an upgrade fee of $15 for all customers that ordered > before April 1, 2002. This fee will cover all upcoming versions from 4.5 to > 5.x. > I think such a fee is acceptable after about 10 years of free updates. I > invested a lot of money for the full JPEG 2000 support and the other parts. > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 30.10.2002 19:07 Uhr schrieb "bobcarrdc" unter <bobcarr@verizon.net>: > I'll gladly pay any upgrade price, but what is this "ordered by April > 1, 2002" stuff? How much is it, if you didn't? Are you a father yet? Hello, the upgrade fee is $15 if you ordered before April 1, 2002. The update is free for customers who ordered in the last half year. Regards Thorsten Lemke