Some thoughts on the new license

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Aric Pedersen

Some thoughts on the new license

Post by Aric Pedersen »

Mr, Lemke, I was thinking about something last night as I was upgrading to the new version. This doesn't affect me, but I was thinking about the new serial number and a question popped into my head. If you have an older machine, perhaps an old 68K machine, is there a way for people to still register this older version for use on this older machine? Obviously they would not need a new v4.5 serial number, but they would need an old-style one. I doubt this would happen often, but I couldn't find a place to register an older version on KAGI. Have you conaisered offering such a thing, or did I just miss it? Thanks for a great program. I find it heartening yet humorous that we managed to bring one of KAGI's servers to its knees because so many people were rushing to register. I hope it keeps up. ;-) Regards, Aric Pedersen ----Original Message Follows---- From: graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com Reply-To: graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com To: graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com Subject: [graphicconverterforum] Digest Number 23 Date: 1 Nov 2002 13:30:24 -0000 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ There are 2 messages in this issue. Topics in this digest: 1. Upgrade Problems From: "rpoland" <rpoland@usa.net> 2. Re: Upgrade Problems From: lemkesoft@t-online.de ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ Message: 1 Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:57:52 -0000 From: "rpoland" <rpoland@usa.net> Subject: Upgrade Problems Hi, I just downloaded the 4.5 upgrade, replaced the old version and started it. THEN I find out that I need to buy a new license, no problem. Paid the upgrade price, $19, not $15. Got the new serial number. Now it wants to see the old bundle (?). So I downloaded the old version and made sure it was authorized. Tried the new version again. Selected the old installed version and was informed that it is not a bundle. I tried both the PPC and the Carbon versions. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I am using OS 10.2.1. ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ Message: 2 Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:04:54 +0100 From: lemkesoft@t-online.de Subject: Re: Upgrade Problems Am 31.10.2002 15:57 Uhr schrieb "rpoland" unter <rpoland@usa.net>: > Hi, > > I just downloaded the 4.5 upgrade, replaced the old version and > started it. THEN I find out that I need to buy a new license, no > problem. Paid the upgrade price, $19, not $15. Got the new serial > number. Now it wants to see the old bundle (?). So I downloaded the > old version and made sure it was authorized. Tried the new version > again. Selected the old installed version and was informed that it is > not a bundle. I tried both the PPC and the Carbon versions. > > I'm at a loss as to what to do next. > > I am using OS 10.2.1. Hello, please forward your problem with the kagi e-mail directly to lemkesoft@aol.com Thorsten Lemke ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ _________________________________________________________________ Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.� Join now! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/pl ... vation.asp
thorstenlemke

Re: Some thoughts on the new license

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 01.11.2002 15:47 Uhr schrieb "Aric Pedersen" unter <aric1@hotmail.com>: > Mr, Lemke, > > I was thinking about something last night as I was upgrading to the new > version. This doesn't affect me, but I was thinking about the new serial > number and a question popped into my head. > > If you have an older machine, perhaps an old 68K machine, is there a way for > people to still register this older version for use on this older machine? > Obviously they would not need a new v4.5 serial number, but they would need > an old-style one. I doubt this would happen often, but I couldn't find a > place to register an older version on KAGI. Have you conaisered offering > such a thing, or did I just miss it? > > Thanks for a great program. I find it heartening yet humorous that we > managed to bring one of KAGI's servers to its knees because so many people > were rushing to register. I hope it keeps up. ;-) > > Regards, > > Aric Pedersen Hello, such customers can receive a special serial per request. Thorsten