Pano Tools - Helmut's plug ins for GC...

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Torcuill Torrance

Pano Tools - Helmut's plug ins for GC...

Post by Torcuill Torrance »

I'd be most grateful if anyone can offer any advice in getting the plug in filters working for Graphic Converter PPC 4.4.4 on Mac OS 9.2.2. I've got a couple of semi fish eye photos that I want to "flatten" using Helmut Dersch's free plug ins. But when I try - after setting a few values in the plug in's dialogue boxes - the progress bar moves from left to right and stays there. Nothing else happens! Do I need to go back to 9.2.1? Any other suggestions? Torc
Romuald/H. D.

Re: Pano Tools - Helmut's plug ins for GC...

Post by Romuald/H. D. »

Torcuill Torrance a *crit : > I'd be most grateful if anyone can offer any advice in getting the plug > in filters working for Graphic Converter PPC 4.4.4 on Mac OS 9.2.2. > > I've got a couple of semi fish eye photos that I want to "flatten" using > Helmut Dersch's free plug ins. But when I try - after setting a few > values in the plug in's dialogue boxes - the progress bar moves from > left to right and stays there. Nothing else happens! > > Do I need to go back to 9.2.1? > > Any other suggestions? > > Torc Hello Torcuill, Hello all, Have-you check the preference checkbox "create new image" in the pref-ptools sub-tab of the remap plugin ? Which version of ptools do you use ? Which hfov did you set ? It have to be < 160 deg if you have the originate pano12.lib. Was it running ok with a previous OS version ? and a previous GC ? I can tell you that my 2.6b1 don't run with GC (but is ok with photoshop). So for this kind of purpose, I've an old ptools v. 2.2 in a second system folder (both 9.1) ------------- As this is my fisrt post, I want to give my deepest thanks to Thorsten for his work. I'm using GC since my first color computer (LC 475) but the big use is only begenning now that I've turn to 100% digital imaging. Living as photographer and making for fun a lot of panoramas with Helmut's tools since one year. Romuald
Torcuill Torrance

Re: Pano Tools - Helmut's plug ins for GC...

Post by Torcuill Torrance »

On Thursday, November 7, 2002, at 11:18 am, Romuald/H. D. wrote: > Torcuill Torrance a *crit : > >> I'd be most grateful if anyone can offer any advice in getting the plug >> in filters working for Graphic Converter PPC 4.4.4 on Mac OS 9.2.2. >> >> I've got a couple of semi fish eye photos that I want to "flatten" >> using >> Helmut Dersch's free plug ins. But when I try - after setting a few >> values in the plug in's dialogue boxes - the progress bar moves from >> left to right and stays there. Nothing else happens! >> >> Do I need to go back to 9.2.1? >> >> Any other suggestions? >> >> Torc > > Hello Torcuill, > Hello all, > > Have-you check the preference checkbox "create new image" in the > pref-ptools > sub-tab of the remap plugin ? > > Which version of ptools do you use ? > Which hfov did you set ? It have to be < 160 deg if you have the > originate > pano12.lib. > Was it running ok with a previous OS version ? and a previous GC ? > > I can tell you that my 2.6b1 don't run with GC (but is ok with > photoshop). So > for this kind of purpose, I've an old ptools v. 2.2 in a second system > folder > (both 9.1) > > ------------- > > As this is my fisrt post, I want to give my deepest thanks to Thorsten > for his > work. > I'm using GC since my first color computer (LC 475) but the big use is > only > begenning now that I've turn to 100% digital imaging. Living as > photographer and > making for fun a lot of panoramas with Helmut's tools since one year. > > Romuald > Thanks for getting back Romuald, I'm using the latest version of the plug-ins - that came with 2.6b1 I've tried the hfov set to 120 degrees (which is pretty much what I was getting from my semi-fisheye lens) Sadly I'm new to trying to correct images using GC - although I've made many a pano using PTools. Has anyone got it working on GC4.4.4? Any help would be gratefully received! Slainte Torc