Pressure sensitivity - ala Wacom

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
nil_e_coyote

Pressure sensitivity - ala Wacom

Post by nil_e_coyote »

Are there any plans to add pressure sensitivity in the future?
thorstenlemke

Re: Pressure sensitivity - ala Wacom

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 14.12.2002 6:24 Uhr schrieb "nil_e_coyote <nil_e_coyote@yahoo.ca>" unter <nil_e_coyote@yahoo.ca>: > Are there any plans to add pressure sensitivity in the future? Hello, this is the first request for such a feature. Thorsten
SVEN AERTS

Size of preview - Cannot find how to adjust it.

Post by SVEN AERTS »

Dear M., Just downloaded the soft. I have been looking in the pdf manual ... But can't find how I can adjust the resolution of the preview. As it is set now...the preview picture in a treated imageready (Photoshop variant) jpg is not sharp enough. Your comments, second thoughts and solution please. -- Respectfully Yours, Sven AERTS Engineer for the People Residential Address Louizalaan 223 b 9 B-1050 Brussels BELGIUM-EUROPE GSM: +32 (0)485/389679 Email: aertssven@mac.com ICQ: 113835655 For eco-techs & game for a better world, visit: http://homepage.mac.com/aertssven ----------- Have a nice day...
thorstenlemke

Re: Size of preview - Cannot find how to adjust it.

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 15.12.2002 15:24 Uhr schrieb "SVEN AERTS" unter <aertssven@mac.com>: > Dear M., > > Just downloaded the soft. I have been looking in the pdf manual ... But > can't find how I can adjust the resolution of the preview. > As it is set now...the preview picture in a treated imageready (Photoshop > variant) jpg is not sharp enough. > > Your comments, second thoughts and solution please. > > > -- > Respectfully Yours, > > Sven AERTS > Engineer for the People > > Residential Address > Louizalaan 223 b 9 > B-1050 Brussels > BELGIUM-EUROPE > GSM: +32 (0)485/389679 > Email: aertssven@mac.com > ICQ: 113835655 > > For eco-techs & game for a better world, visit: > http://homepage.mac.com/aertssven > ----------- > Have a nice day... > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > Hello, simple check the prefs part save. Regards Thorsten Lemke ----------------------------------------------------------------- Thorsten Lemke Lemke Software GmbH Erich-Heckel-Ring 8a 31228 Peine Germany Phone: +49 5171 72200 and 0700 LEMKESOFT (second only in Germany) Fax: +49 5171 72201 WWW: http://www.lemkesoft.com E-Mail:support@graphicconverter.net -----------------------------------------------------------------
SVEN AERTS

Batchprocess folder with pics to max. width or smaller ?

Post by SVEN AERTS »

Dear M., Start getting to understand how Graphic Converter works. Nice tool. Can it do this: I have a folder with a lot of pics. Some appear on screen about 10cm by 10 cm, others cover a whole screen, some might be as big as a post stamp... Can I use the batch window to tell it to downsize the biggest ones to 10 cm by 10 cm, those who are that size... To keep them that size and those who are smaller than that... To keep them that size they already have ? In the convert window I only see under the Options: "Resize to reach following size ... KB" Whereas if I open 1 picture, then under the Picture/Size... I can set the size in cm. Your comments, second thoughts and solution please. -- Respectfully Yours, Sven AERTS Engineer for the People Residential Address Louizalaan 223 b 9 B-1050 Brussels BELGIUM-EUROPE GSM: +32 (0)485/389679 Email: aertssven@mac.com ICQ: 113835655 For eco-techs & game for a better world, visit: http://homepage.mac.com/aertssven ----------- Have a nice day...
thorstenlemke

Re: Batchprocess folder with pics to max. width or smaller ?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 19.12.2002 2:07 Uhr schrieb "SVEN AERTS" unter <aertssven@mac.com>: > > Can I use the batch window to tell it to downsize the biggest ones to 10 cm > by 10 cm, those who are that size... To keep them that size and those who > are smaller than that... To keep them that size they already have ? Hello, you can use the scale command in batch to resize the image to special dimensions. Thorsten Lemke
SVEN AERTS

Re: Batch process folder with pics to max. width or smaller ?

Post by SVEN AERTS »

Attachments :Dear M. Lemke, Here's a screenshot with a comparison: Column 1: Original folder with different types of pictures+sizes Column 2: Pictures converted to jpg's, I cut away the resource fork and 50% of the original quality was ok.. Couldn't see any difference on my computer screen +sizes Column 3: Pictures converted to GIF's+sizes Your comments, reflections on the results please ... -- Respectfully Yours, Sven AERTS Engineer for the People Residential Address Louizalaan 223 b 9 B-1050 Brussels BELGIUM-EUROPE GSM: +32 (0)485/389679 Email: aertssven@mac.com ICQ: 113835655 For eco-techs & game for a better world, visit: http://homepage.mac.com/aertssven ----------- Have a nice day...
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 19.12.2002 15:25 Uhr schrieb "SVEN AERTS" unter <aertssven@mac.com>: > Here's a screenshot with a comparison: > Column 1: Original folder with different types of pictures+sizes > Column 2: Pictures converted to jpg's, I cut away the resource fork and 50% > of the original quality was ok.. Couldn't see any difference on my computer > screen +sizes > Column 3: Pictures converted to GIF's+sizes Hello, did you convert from JPEG to GIF? This will enlarge the file size a lot of. Because JPEG is a lossy format for true color images. GIF is a non lossy format for indexed images (up to 256 colors). You can reduce the file size of JPEGs by saving with a lower quality (but this will reduce the image quality, too). Regards Thorsten Lemke
SVEN AERTS

Post by SVEN AERTS »

On 20-12-2002 10:15, "lemkesoft@t-online.de" <lemkesoft@t-online.de> wrote: > Am 19.12.2002 15:25 Uhr schrieb "SVEN AERTS" unter <aertssven@mac.com>: > >> Here's a screenshot with a comparison: >> Column 1: Original folder with different types of pictures+sizes >> Column 2: Pictures converted to jpg's, I cut away the resource fork and 50% >> of the original quality was ok.. Couldn't see any difference on my computer >> screen +sizes >> Column 3: Pictures converted to GIF's+sizes > Hello, > > did you convert from JPEG to GIF? Yes >This will enlarge the file size a lot of. Ah > Because JPEG is a lossy format for true color images. GIF is a non lossy > format for indexed images (up to 256 colors). A 'lossy format' ? What's that ? You wrote: "GIF: Supports 1 to 8 bit per pixel. € Format was created by CompuServe Inc." So, either you take the original from your digital camera - say a close to 1 MB picture - and you transform it either to a GIF and continue working on that GIF, or you transform it to a JPEG and continue working on the JPEG. What is the most platform independent format to use for people that want to have a look at my website? If you have a look at the subject on my site... Size matters too... Often my site is looked at via very slow internet connections. For eco-techs & game for a better world, visit: http://homepage.mac.com/aertssven > You can reduce the file size > of JPEGs by saving with a lower quality (but this will reduce the image > quality, too). So why is it impossible to go from a jpg to a gif then ? From more to less musn't be hard, I'd say ? ... Just take the average or mean value of the pixel or closest to the 256 colors ? Well, anyway...that's going to be too far I guess... Thank you for the info. > Regards > Thorsten Lemke -- Respectfully Yours, Sven AERTS Engineer for the People Residential Address Louizalaan 223 b 9 B-1050 Brussels BELGIUM-EUROPE GSM: +32 (0)485/389679 Email: aertssven@mac.com ICQ: 113835655 For eco-techs & game for a better world, visit: http://homepage.mac.com/aertssven ----------- Have a nice day...
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 20.12.2002 12:29 Uhr schrieb "SVEN AERTS" unter <aertssven@mac.com>: > A 'lossy format' ? What's that ? This means: The format modifies during the save the pixels a bit to get a better compression rate. > You wrote: > "GIF: Supports 1 to 8 bit per pixel. € Format was created by CompuServe > Inc." > > So, either you take the original from your digital camera - say a close to 1 > MB picture - and you transform it either to a GIF and continue working on > that GIF, or you transform it to a JPEG and continue working on the JPEG. > > What is the most platform independent format to use for people that want to > have a look at my website? The standard format for photos is JPEG. > So why is it impossible to go from a jpg to a gif then ? From more to less > musn't be hard, I'd say ? ... Just take the average or mean value of the > pixel or closest to the 256 colors ? Well, anyway...that's going to be too > far I guess... Thank you for the info. GraphicConverter can save and reduce to GIF. But I use dithering for optimal display with 256 colors. Such a dithered image can´t be compressed much by the GIF/LZW compression. This is optimized for images with single colors like a diagram or a comic. Regards Thorsten Lemke