GC and the new Canon scanner plug-in

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Arne

GC and the new Canon scanner plug-in

Post by Arne »

Just installed the new Canon plug-in for nmy N656u flatbed and I'm having a problem. GC recognises and opens the plug-in, and previews just fine. But every time I attempt to scan, GC unexpectedly quits. I don't know if this is a problem with GC or the Canon plug-in. System details - G4 533MP, 1280MB RAM, GC 4.5.1, OS X 10.2.2. Any ideas? Arne
tlance@austin.isd.tenet.edu

Re: GC and the new Canon scanner plug-in

Post by tlance@austin.isd.tenet.edu »

I used Canon's ScanGear Toolbox on a G3 400 MHz PowerBook with 320 MB RAM for a CanoScan LiDE 20. I have tried several times to make it work. The most scans I could do before a kernal panic was 4. GC with X and Epson's TWAIN with a Perfection 1200U has been solid. Tim Timothy G. Lance / Librarian Cook Elementary / Austin (Texas) I.S.D. tlance@austin.isd.tenet.edu "Arne <e21graymarket@at To: graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com tbi.com>" cc: <e21graymarket Subject: [graphicconverterforum] GC and the new Canon scanner plug-in 12/16/2002 12:26 PM Please respond to graphicconverterf orum Just installed the new Canon plug-in for nmy N656u flatbed and I'm having a problem. GC recognises and opens the plug-in, and previews just fine. But every time I attempt to scan, GC unexpectedly quits. I don't know if this is a problem with GC or the Canon plug-in. System details - G4 533MP, 1280MB RAM, GC 4.5.1, OS X 10.2.2. Any ideas? Arne To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
keith

Post by keith »

Once I tried Vuescan with my epson perfection 1650 i never gave the epson software a second thought..it is the GC of scanning software..if only epson, etc could make something as good as this.. keith On Monday, December 16, 2002, at 01:46 PM, tlance@austin.isd.tenet.edu wrote: > > I used Canon's ScanGear Toolbox on a G3 400 MHz PowerBook with 320 MB > RAM > for a CanoScan LiDE 20. I have tried several times to make it work. The > most scans I could do before a kernal panic was 4. GC with X and > Epson's > TWAIN with a Perfection 1200U has been solid. > > Tim > > Timothy G. Lance / Librarian > Cook Elementary / Austin (Texas) I.S.D. > tlance@austin.isd.tenet.edu > > >                                                                         >                                                                 >                       > "Arne                                                                   >                                           >                       <e21graymarket@at        To:       > graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com                                   >        >                       tbi.com>"                > cc:                                                                     >                  >                       <e21graymarket           Subject:  > [graphicconverterforum] GC and the new Canon scanner > plug-in                  >                                                                         >                                                                 >                       12/16/2002 > 12:26                                                                   >                                >                       > PM                                                                      >                                           >                       Please respond > to                                                                      >                            >                       > graphicconverterf                                                       >                                           >                       > orum                                                                    >                                           >                                                                         >                                                                 >                                                                         >                                                                 > > > > > Just installed the new Canon plug-in for nmy N656u flatbed and I'm > having a problem. GC recognises and opens the plug-in, and previews > just fine. But every time I attempt to scan, GC unexpectedly quits. > I don't know if this is a problem with GC or the Canon plug-in. > System details - G4 533MP, 1280MB RAM, GC 4.5.1, OS X 10.2.2. Any > ideas? > > Arne > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed — and thus clamorous to be led to safety — by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” — H.L. Mencken
Arne

Post by Arne »

Thanks for the link to beta 3, Thorston. The new Canon plug-in now works properly, as you indicated. Arne --- In graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com, "Arne <e21graymarket@a...>" <e21graymarket@a...> wrote: > Just installed the new Canon plug-in for nmy N656u flatbed and I'm > having a problem. GC recognises and opens the plug-in, and previews > just fine. But every time I attempt to scan, GC unexpectedly quits. > I don't know if this is a problem with GC or the Canon plug-in. > System details - G4 533MP, 1280MB RAM, GC 4.5.1, OS X 10.2.2. Any > ideas? > > Arne