GraphicConverter 4.5.2b3 released

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

GraphicConverter 4.5.2b3 released

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released new beta versions today. The url is: http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html Regards Thorsten Lemke Changes 4.5.2b3 * new MacOS X Canon drivers should now work * extraction of comments added to convert * new image from clipboard will no longer crash on MacOS X if the image uses QuickTime compression * xpm import will now use an unused color for the NONE color * bug in slice saving fixed * text will now be embedded into the graphic before saving Changes 4.5.2b2 * windows ico export can now export ico's with millions of colors * xpm import supports now all named colors * html export writes now lowercase attributes; so a change to xhtml is much simpler * icc profile message improved * sRGB ignore option added to JPEG export (to avoid problems with mail on MacOS 10.2.x) * crash after saving very large BMPs fixed * CRW import improved * slideshow will now display on the device selected in the preferences (multi- monitor setups only) * animated gifs with negative frame rects will be corrected upon import * copy to option will now display the normal rename dialog for double files * other internal changes Changes 4.5.2b1 * support for downloading images from digital cameras added (MacOS X only) * applescript command trim has now a tolerance parameter * edit comment in browser supports now gif comments, too * temporary sRGB profile will now be deleted after quitting the program * slideshow with find enhanced (speed) * long filenames will now be displayed correctly in the slideshow * rename in convert supports now the removing of a part of the filename Changes 4.5.2b0 * option added to rotate images depending on the EXIF orientation tag (browser) * replace dialog shows now the pixel count (browser, slideshow) * support for newer SFW files added * fep import added * disable of antialias text works now on 10.2.x, too * slideshow effect time is now editable * scaling algorithm variant added * bug in long file name support with multipage formats fixed in convert * option to calculate the occupied area (of a color) in an image added * display of image count in the slideshow can now be disabled * import of jpx files (a JPEG variant added) * bug in saving grayscale images as JP2 fixed * slideshow uses now a plain window without shadows (this applies only to multimonitor environments) * bug in opening CMYK Photoshop files with QuickTime fixed * other changes and bug fixes
Wil Smith

Re-install OS9 now Slideshow .mpg slow?

Post by Wil Smith »

after a clean reinstall of OS-9 when in Slideshow, as GC comes to a .mpg file it is VERY slow to start was not this way in my previous set up none of the preference setting seem to fix it any suggestions? (what player does GC use?, assumed it was QuickTime - have 6.02Pro) am using GC 4.5.1 and 4.5.2b4
thorstenlemke

Re: Re-install OS9 now Slideshow .mpg slow?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 01.01.2003 3:46 Uhr schrieb "Wil Smith" unter <wils@austin.rr.com>: > > when in Slideshow, as GC comes to a .mpg file it is VERY slow to start > was not this way in my previous set up > > none of the preference setting seem to fix it > > any suggestions? > > (what player does GC use?, assumed it was QuickTime - have 6.02Pro) > > am using GC 4.5.1 and 4.5.2b4 Hello, what is the file size of the mpg? Thorsten
Wil Smith

Post by Wil Smith »

> Am 01.01.2003 3:46 Uhr schrieb "Wil Smith" unter <wils@austin.rr.com>: > >> >> when in Slideshow, as GC comes to a .mpg file it is VERY slow to start >> was not this way in my previous set up >> >> none of the preference setting seem to fix it >> >> any suggestions? >> >> (what player does GC use?, assumed it was QuickTime - have 6.02Pro) >> >> am using GC 4.5.1 and 4.5.2b4 >what is the file size of the mpg? > > Thorsten they are 1 meg point it they were playing very quickly before what player does GC use? wil
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 02.01.2003 20:26 Uhr schrieb "Wil Smith" unter <wils@austin.rr.com>: > they are 1 meg > point it they were playing very quickly before > what player does GC use? QuickTime
Wil Smith

Post by Wil Smith »

Ok, given that these ~1meg .mpg files used to start up, and change to the next very quickly under my old installation of OS9 and GC 4.5.1 what do I need to do to get that back? is it something in GC? does it have anything to do with settings in QuickTime? or did some other program hijack the .mpg duties such as Real Player? (and was doing a better job at it?) wil > after a clean reinstall of OS-9 > when in Slideshow, as GC comes to a .mpg file it is VERY slow to start > was not this way in my previous set up > none of the preference setting seem to fix it > any suggestions?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 04.01.2003 2:19 Uhr schrieb "Wil Smith" unter <wils@austin.rr.com>: > Ok, given that these ~1meg .mpg files used to start up, and change to the > next very quickly under my old installation of OS9 and GC 4.5.1 > > what do I need to do to get that back? > > is it something in GC? > does it have anything to do with settings in QuickTime? > or did some other program hijack the .mpg duties such as Real Player? > (and was doing a better job at it?) Curious, I changed here nothing in my code. I used QuickTime already before. Thorsten
Wil Smith

Post by Wil Smith »

>> Ok, given that these ~1meg .mpg files used to start up, and change to the >> next very quickly under my old installation of OS9 and GC 4.5.1 >> >> what do I need to do to get that back? >> >> is it something in GC? >> does it have anything to do with settings in QuickTime? >> or did some other program hijack the .mpg duties such as Real Player? >> (and was doing a better job at it?) > Curious, I changed here nothing in my code. I used QuickTime already before. > > Thorsten I'm sure it is not your code. For the working installation was the same code version. After a clean install all preferences (etc.) are gone. It has to be some setting within GC, QuickTime, or the OS itself. I'm asking if anyone has suggestions as to where to look or tweak. Further: Does GC open .mpg files quickly for you? Can another program besides QuickTime be handling .mpg within GC? wil
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 04.01.2003 23:20 Uhr schrieb "Wil Smith" unter <wils@austin.rr.com>: > Further: Does GC open .mpg files quickly for you? > Can another program besides QuickTime be handling .mpg within GC? Hello, I know only Sparkle. But it is much slower than QuickTime. Thorsten