Re: Scanners

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Wilkinson

Re: PC equivalent

Post by Robert Wilkinson »

Thanks for all the suggestions regarding PC alternatives. My main concern is that my slide pictures are larger than screen size, and it needs a program that will scale them, or select portions. It is no problem on my Mac, since it opens in GC to a suitable scale, but on Internet Explorer it opens full size, which is no good. Also, I suppose a picture that looks fine on my machine may need colour adjustments on another machine. Bob Wilkinson
David Vaughn

Post by David Vaughn »

Bob, QuickTime scales to screen size. David DavidVaughn@chartermi.net 1210 W. Oliver St. Owosso, MI 48867 Phone 989-723-2211 > From: Robert Wilkinson <rhw@hogholes.com> > Reply-To: graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com > Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 13:50:58 -0500 > To: graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com > Subject: Re: [graphicconverterforum] Re: PC equivalent > > Thanks for all the suggestions regarding PC alternatives. My main > concern is that my slide pictures are larger than screen size, and it > needs a program that will scale them, or select portions. It is no > problem on my Mac, since it opens in GC to a suitable scale, but on > Internet Explorer it opens full size, which is no good. Also, I > suppose a picture that looks fine on my machine may need colour > adjustments on another machine. > > Bob Wilkinson > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >
Rick Keilson

Post by Rick Keilson »

> Thanks for all the suggestions regarding PC alternatives. My main > concern is that my slide pictures are larger than screen size, and it > needs a program that will scale them, or select portions. It is no > problem on my Mac, since it opens in GC to a suitable scale, but on > Internet Explorer it opens full size, which is no good. Also, I > suppose a picture that looks fine on my machine may need colour > adjustments on another machine. > > Bob Wilkinson > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > I am curious as to what some of the answers were? Thanks, Rick "Pediatric Dentistry is my thing" Keilson
Tom Muller

Post by Tom Muller »

My brother uses iPhoto Plus by ULead (ulead.com). It works "identically" to the "browse" function in GC. Tom --- In graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com, Robert Wilkinson <rhw@h...> wrote: > I have just made up a CD ROM of my family photographs. Since the > people who receive it are mostly PC users, can anyone suggest what > they might use as an equivalent to GC on their machines? > > Bob Wilkinson