GraphicConverter 4.5.2 released

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

GraphicConverter 4.5.2 released

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released the new version today. You can download it from: http://www.lemkesoft.biz Please use the mirrors for the downloads, too. Regards Thorsten Lemke
avitch2

Re: GraphicConverter 4.5.2 released

Post by avitch2 »

Thorsten, Thank you for posting this update. GC just keeps getting better and better! The feature I'm most interested in right now is the ability to download images from a digital camera (at least under OS X). I'm at work right now, so I can't test this feature myself, but I'm curious to know if you've tested it with Nikon NEF files. In my experience, Apple's Image Capture corrupts these files upon download, as does iView 1.5.6. The only way I've found to reliably transfer NEF files to my hard drive is to manually copy them from my flash card (mounted to my system via a card reader) to the hard drive. I'll be thrilled if GC 4.5.2 allows me to reliably automate this task (especially if it also allows me to embed the ICC profile of my choice at the same time). Thanks in advace for your reply. Adam --- In graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com, "thorstenlemke <lemkesoft@a...>" <lemkesoft@a...> wrote: > Hello, > > I released the new version today. > > You can download it from: > http://www.lemkesoft.biz > > Please use the mirrors for the downloads, too. > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke
thorstenlemke

Re: GraphicConverter 4.5.2 released

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 09.01.2003 18:51 Uhr schrieb "avitch2 <avitch@earthlink.net>" unter <avitch@earthlink.net>: > Thorsten, > > Thank you for posting this update. GC just keeps getting better and > better! > > The feature I'm most interested in right now is the ability to > download images from a digital camera (at least under OS X). I'm at > work right now, so I can't test this feature myself, but I'm curious > to know if you've tested it with Nikon NEF files. In my experience, > Apple's Image Capture corrupts these files upon download, as does > iView 1.5.6. The only way I've found to reliably transfer NEF files to > my hard drive is to manually copy them from my flash card (mounted to > my system via a card reader) to the hard drive. I'll be thrilled if GC > 4.5.2 allows me to reliably automate this task (especially if it also > allows me to embed the ICC profile of my choice at the same time). > > Thanks in advace for your reply. > > Adam > > --- In graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com, "thorstenlemke > <lemkesoft@a...>" <lemkesoft@a...> wrote: >> Hello, >> >> I released the new version today. >> >> You can download it from: >> http://www.lemkesoft.biz >> >> Please use the mirrors for the downloads, too. >> >> Regards >> Thorsten Lemke > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > Hello Adam, please try and report. I have myself a Kodak. Thorsten ----------------------------------------------------------------- Thorsten Lemke Lemke Software GmbH Erich-Heckel-Ring 8a 31228 Peine Germany Phone: +49 5171 72200 and 0700 LEMKESOFT (second only in Germany) Fax: +49 5171 72201 WWW: http://www.lemkesoft.com E-Mail:support@graphicconverter.net -----------------------------------------------------------------
Hank Roberts

Support stereo image format? Wishful thinking here

Post by Hank Roberts »

Could GC support stereo image format? I've just found the Java applet and it describes a JPEG Stereo file format www.stereofoto.de/sapplet/authoring/images.html Could GC combine "left" and "right pairs of JPEGs into JPS files for instance? or do batch changes on a sequence of such images -- for example trimming blank space that is always the same in each one? Or splitting it, rotating one part slightly and rejoining? I don't know anything other than GC that might do such batch edits to a sequence of almost identical images. ----> IF I can convince either EvoCam or Ben Bird, whose movie applications combine images from 2 or more cameras and save sequentially numbered jpeg files -- to give the option to instead produce that "stereo jpeg" file format, then the applet might be able to show a sequence as a stereo movie. One <1-meg stereo movie I've made -- now only for parallel view -- is at www.ankh.members.sonic.net (under 1 meg; if you use Quicktime set "view all frames" and "high quality"). I found $2 US plastic "lorgnette" stereo viewers at www.reel-3d, that make it easier to view stereo on the computer screen. This is actually doable.
SVEN AERTS

Re: Support stereo image format? Wishful thinking here

Post by SVEN AERTS »

Hey Hank ! Great ! I was able to see it... I'm a bit trained in seeing stereo... I adjusted the size of the Q-movie to about 15cm diameter, so every side of the movie was right in front of every one of my eyes... And after about 15 seconds, my brain had grasped the stillstanding 3D... I was about 10 cm from my screen, pressed the enter button ... And my first 3C movie EVER ! I don't understand the movie industry hasn't done that SWITCH yet... Happy IIOOOIII and may it bring all happiness in Stereo ! -- Sven-Brussels GSM: +32 (0)485/389679 EntX-OSX.2.3.Jaguar-IBook-500MHz-640MB SDRAM-14GB HD-Airport-AZERTY Keyboard On 2003-01-10 16:24, "Hank Roberts" <hank@spamcop.net> wrote: > Could GC support stereo image format? I've just found the Java applet and > it describes a JPEG Stereo file format > > www.stereofoto.de/sapplet/authoring/images.html > > Could GC combine "left" and "right pairs of JPEGs into JPS files for > instance? or do batch changes on a sequence of such images -- for example > trimming blank space that is always the same in each one? Or splitting it, > rotating one part slightly and rejoining? I don't know anything other than > GC that might do such batch edits to a sequence of almost identical images. > > > ----> IF I can convince either EvoCam or Ben Bird, whose movie > applications combine images from 2 or more cameras and save sequentially > numbered jpeg files -- to give the option to instead produce that "stereo > jpeg" file format, then the applet might be able to show a sequence as a > stereo movie. > > One <1-meg stereo movie I've made -- now only for parallel view -- is at > www.ankh.members.sonic.net (under 1 meg; if you use Quicktime set "view all > frames" and "high quality"). > > I found $2 US plastic "lorgnette" stereo viewers at www.reel-3d, that make > it easier to view stereo on the computer screen. This is actually doable. > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >