Installing Epson TWAIN 5

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Mark D. Chapman

Installing Epson TWAIN 5

Post by Mark D. Chapman »

I now have what Epson claims is a TWAIN driver compatible with OS X 10.1.5 (5.73A). However, I can't figure out how to get it to work with GC 4.5.1. If I just leave the twain driver were it is in my library folder GC crashes. If I put it into any of the three plug-in folders for GC, GC still crashes. Do I have the right Epson file (it is called Epson TWAIN 5)? And if so where do I put it? Thanks, Mark -- Mark Chapman - Centre for the Study of Religion - University of Toronto
Cliff Lawson

Re: Installing Epson TWAIN 5

Post by Cliff Lawson »

On 1/15/03 7:01, "Mark D. Chapman" <mchapman@chass.utoronto.ca> wrote: > I now have what Epson claims is a TWAIN driver compatible with OS X > 10.1.5 (5.73A). However, I can't figure out how to get it to work > with GC 4.5.1. I am using the Epson Twain5 and and it works fine. The path is: Macintosh HD > Library > Image Capture > TWAIN Data source > EPSON TWAIN 5. I'm using System 10.2.3. I think you should get out of 10.1.as soon as possible. Cliff Lawson
Mark D. Chapman

Post by Mark D. Chapman »

> > I now have what Epson claims is a TWAIN driver compatible with OS X >> 10.1.5 (5.73A). However, I can't figure out how to get it to work >> with GC 4.5.1. > >I am using the Epson Twain5 and and it works fine. The path is: Macintosh HD >> Library > Image Capture > TWAIN Data source > EPSON TWAIN 5. Regrettable this still doesn't work. > I'm using System 10.2.3. I think you should get out of 10.1.as soon as >possible. I suspect you are right. I have been resisting it because I am currently between contracts and the scanner is a hobby not a money maker. Thanks for the advice, Mark -- Mark Chapman - Centre for the Study of Religion - University of Toronto
Bob Embry

Post by Bob Embry »

On 1/20/03 7:45 AM, "graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com" <graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > Re: Installing Epson TWAIN 5 I'm using Epson TWAIN 5.75. And 10.2.3. And it works great If I remember correctly I've been through 3 or 4 versions of their OS X beta drivers and there was an installer involved with each of them. Some of the installer read me files strongly suggested removing the previous version of the driver. I also seem to remember that there was a separate uninstaller. Hope this helps
keith

GC crash

Post by keith »

Greetings Thorsten and GC users, I have been doing some copying of part of some jpgs, pasting in a new temp. file, rotating and/or resizing and then copying to a new file. After several activities, GC starts acting very strange and then crashes. By strange, I mean if I do a trim selection that I have pasted and then click on a different pallet tool the jpg that I had trimmed disappears. Another strange thing is that when I do a paste into a new file, part of the copy is missing or is in two pieces. When this happens I know if I have not saved the files, then I might as well kiss them goodbye cause GC is next door to crashing. I do want to emphasize that this occurs after several activities. I have not done much graphics like this before so this strangeness and crash is a new thing. OSX.2.3 GC4.5.2 keith ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº ººººº "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº ºººººº
thorstenlemke

Re: GC crash

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 21.01.2003 17:20 Uhr schrieb "keith" unter <sailorman@cfl.rr.com>: > Greetings Thorsten and GC users, > > I have been doing some copying of part of some jpgs, pasting in a new > temp. file, rotating and/or resizing and then copying to a new file. > After several activities, GC starts acting very strange and then > crashes. By strange, I mean if I do a trim selection that I have > pasted and then click on a different pallet tool the jpg that I had > trimmed disappears. Another strange thing is that when I do a paste > into a new file, part of the copy is missing or is in two pieces. > When this happens I know if I have not saved the files, then I might as > well kiss them goodbye cause GC is next door to crashing. > > I do want to emphasize that this occurs after several activities. I > have not done much graphics like this before so this strangeness and > crash is a new thing. > > OSX.2.3 > GC4.5.2 > > keith > > ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº > ººººº > "They that can give up essential liberty > to obtain a little temporary safety > deserve neither liberty nor safety." > - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) > ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº > ºººººº > Hello, curious. Can you reproduce? Can I e-mail a debug version? Thorsten ----------------------------------------------------------------- Thorsten Lemke Lemke Software GmbH Erich-Heckel-Ring 8a 31228 Peine Germany Phone: +49 5171 72200 and 0700 LEMKESOFT (second only in Germany) Fax: +49 5171 72201 WWW: http://www.lemkesoft.com E-Mail:support@graphicconverter.net -----------------------------------------------------------------
keith

Re: GC crash

Post by keith »

Thorsten, Today I have tried to reproduce the crashes and other strange things and can't. I think all of the settings in GC are the same...still working with jpegs and 32 bit. I don't think I have rebooted since yesterday and I think all of the same software is still running. Yesterday was not the first time for the crashes but if my memory serves me correctly, about the same kind of situations. I did install the latest GC beta. When the crash happens, my first thought was the pre OSX thought and that was not enough memory allocated for the program. No specific action causing the crash, just the memory was clogged up.. Yes, on sending the debug version. keith On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 01:25 AM, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: > Am 21.01.2003 17:20 Uhr schrieb "keith" unter <sailorman@cfl.rr.com>: > > > Greetings Thorsten and GC users, > > > > I have been doing some copying of part of some jpgs, pasting in a new > > temp. file, rotating and/or resizing and then copying to a new file. > > After several  activities, GC starts acting very strange and then > > crashes.  By strange, I mean if I do a trim selection that I have > > pasted and then click on a different pallet tool the jpg that I had > > trimmed disappears.  Another strange thing is that when I do a paste > > into a new file, part of the copy is missing or is in two pieces. > > When this happens I know if I have not saved the files, then I might > as > > well kiss them goodbye cause GC is next door to crashing. > > > > I do want to emphasize that this occurs after several activities.  I > > have not done much graphics like this before so this strangeness and > > crash is a new thing. > > > > OSX.2.3 > > GC4.5.2 > > > > keith > > > > > ººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº > º > > ººººº > > "They that can give up essential liberty > > to obtain a little temporary safety > > deserve neither liberty nor safety." > > - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) > > > ººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº > º > > ºººººº > > > Hello, > > curious. Can you reproduce? Can I e-mail a debug version? > > Thorsten > ----------------------------------------------------------------- > Thorsten Lemke > Lemke Software GmbH > Erich-Heckel-Ring 8a > 31228 Peine > Germany > Phone: +49 5171 72200 and 0700 LEMKESOFT (second only in Germany) > Fax:   +49 5171 72201 > WWW:   http://www.lemkesoft.com > E-Mail:support@graphicconverter.net > ----------------------------------------------------------------- > > > <image.tiff> > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº ººººº "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº ºººººº