Use of digital camera

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Brendan McKay

Use of digital camera

Post by Brendan McKay »

I have been unable to understand how to use GC directly with a digital camera. I'm using GC 4.5.4 on MacOS X 10.2.4. This is what I'm doing: 1. Start GC. 2. Connect camera (Canon G2 with several JPEG images) to USB port. 3. Turn on camera. 4. In GC, select File->Acquire->Download images from connected camera. 5. GC asks me to choose a directory; I choose one. Then what? Nothing happens. Nothing is downloaded and I can't see how to get the images from the camera. Thanks for any advice! Brendan.
thorstenlemke

Re: Use of digital camera

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 08.03.2003 13:42 Uhr schrieb "Brendan McKay" unter <bdm@cs.anu.edu.au>: > I have been unable to understand how to use GC directly with a > digital camera. > > I'm using GC 4.5.4 on MacOS X 10.2.4. This is what I'm doing: > > 1. Start GC. > 2. Connect camera (Canon G2 with several JPEG images) to USB port. > 3. Turn on camera. > 4. In GC, select File->Acquire->Download images from connected camera. > 5. GC asks me to choose a directory; I choose one. > > Then what? Nothing happens. Nothing is downloaded and I can't see > how to get the images from the camera. > > Thanks for any advice! > Brendan. > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > Hello, normally the files will be downloaded to that directory and a browser will be opened. Thorsten ----------------------------------------------------------------- Thorsten Lemke Lemke Software GmbH Erich-Heckel-Ring 8a 31228 Peine Germany Phone: +49 5171 72200 and 0700 LEMKESOFT (second only in Germany) Fax: +49 5171 72201 WWW: http://www.lemkesoft.com E-Mail:support@graphicconverter.net -----------------------------------------------------------------
Julian C. Westerhout

Post by Julian C. Westerhout »

On 3/9/03 6:30 AM, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: > Subject: Re: Use of digital camera > > Am 08.03.2003 13:42 Uhr schrieb "Brendan McKay" unter <bdm@cs.anu.edu.au>: > >> I have been unable to understand how to use GC directly with a >> digital camera. >> >> I'm using GC 4.5.4 on MacOS X 10.2.4. This is what I'm doing: >> >> 1. Start GC. >> 2. Connect camera (Canon G2 with several JPEG images) to USB port. >> 3. Turn on camera. >> 4. In GC, select File->Acquire->Download images from connected camera. >> 5. GC asks me to choose a directory; I choose one. >> >> Then what? Nothing happens. Nothing is downloaded and I can't see >> how to get the images from the camera. >> >> Thanks for any advice! >> Brendan. >> > Hello, > > normally the files will be downloaded to that directory and a browser will > be opened. > > Thorsten I have the same problem that Brendan does. I can select a folder, and then nothing happens. I am also using a Canon Camera -- an S40 in my case. Regards, Julian Westerhout
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 09.03.2003 14:03 Uhr schrieb "Julian C. Westerhout" unter <juwester@indiana.edu>: > I have the same problem that Brendan does. I can select a folder, and then > nothing happens. I am also using a Canon Camera -- an S40 in my case. > > Regards, > > Julian Westerhout Hello, does the dialog display the number of images? Did you maybe check in the prefs import only JPG? Regards Thorsten Lemke
Julian C. Westerhout

On 3/10/03 6:14 AM, "graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com" <graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > Message: 2 > Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 14:50:36 +0100 > From: lemkesoft@t-online.de > Subject: Re: Re: Use of digital camera > > Am 09.03.2003 14:03 Uhr schrieb "Julian C. Westerhout" unter > <juwester@indiana.edu>: > >> I have the same problem that Brendan does. I can select a folder, and then >> nothing happens. I am also using a Canon Camera -- an S40 in my case. >> >> Regards, >> >> Julian Westerhout > Hello, > > does the dialog display the number of images? > Did you maybe check in the prefs import only JPG? > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke > If I connect the camera before starting Graphic converter I get I a dialog window telling me the number of images on the camera (properly identified), but upon choice of a folder nothing downloads. When Graphic converter is running when I connect the camera, I don't get the dialog window telling me the number of images on the camera, but go straight to the "Select a Folder" window, but still get no downloads upon choosing a folder. In both cases the "import only JPG" preference is not checked. Regards, Julian Westerhout
Julian C. Westerhout

Attachments :On 3/11/03 6:59 AM, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: > > Am 10.03.2003 14:03 Uhr schrieb "Brendan McKay" unter <bdm@cs.anu.edu.au>: > >>> Am 09.03.2003 14:03 Uhr schrieb "Julian C. Westerhout" unter >>> <juwester@indiana.edu>: >>> >>>> I have the same problem that Brendan does. I can select a folder, and then >>>> nothing happens. I am also using a Canon Camera -- an S40 in my case. >>> >>> does the dialog display the number of images? >> >> Not for me. After clicking "choose" there is nothing at all. >> >>> Did you maybe check in the prefs import only JPG? >> >> No, it is not checked. I tried both checking and not checking >> and there was no difference. >> >> Brendan. >> > Hello, > > curious. > Which files names are displayed in image capture directly? > > Thorsten In my case, Image Capture shows the Canon file names, such as IMG_0941. I've attached a shot of the Image Capture window with the file names and thumbnails. Regards, Julian Westerhout
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

For the group: I replied directly to the user. Am 11.03.2003 13:08 Uhr schrieb "Julian C. Westerhout" unter <juwester@indiana.edu>: > On 3/11/03 6:59 AM, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: > >> >> Am 10.03.2003 14:03 Uhr schrieb "Brendan McKay" unter <bdm@cs.anu.edu.au>: >> >>>> Am 09.03.2003 14:03 Uhr schrieb "Julian C. Westerhout" unter >>>> <juwester@indiana.edu>: